No announcement yet.

2021 Handgun Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My 10mm will be getting the call this season. My FIL harvested a doe with his last year, so I'm going give her a go this year. I've taken several hogs with it, and I figure hogs are a little tougher than deer, so if the stars align just right, I'll send it.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

41 Magnum Hog Buster is fun during doe and spike season but more funerer making pigs squeal. Shooting from a solid rest this one is deadly out to 100yds with 270gr hard cast SWC handloads. Love hearing that bullet smack in a hogs shoulder.
      Attached Files

Comment

Nice gun pics fellas! Thanks for sharing them! And best of luck this season.

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
          Outstanding revolver! Thanks for the pic.

Ok I assumed you had a super Redhawk not the standard Redhawk. This is a single spring system vs the dual in the super. Still easy to change but not sure on what to order. Look up Wilson Combat and call their customer service. I know they have what you need and you can order directly from them.

Looks like I’m going to give the Wolff spring kit and some 240gr XTPs a try. I bought a box of factory 240 gr XTP to shoot (currently re-loading said brass) and never put it on paper, only shot steel. I’m praying they shoot as I am running low on the older nosler 240 soft hollow points I stumbled on. I also snagged a case holder for my L.E. Wilson trimmer to uniform my case length/ crimp. All and all precision pistol reloading and shooting has been great fun. I look forward to knocking something over this year once I settle on powder charge/ bullet. Good luck to all this season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

44 mag

Finally grabbed a picture of my new toy. For those shooting deer and pigs 75-100 yards, do you have any issues? My first 6 rounds at 50 were tight enough for me to be pleased with. This thing shoots like a dream.
            Attached Files

Comment

I'm in, been wanting to bust out a pistol for a WT kill for years just never done it.

Comment

Originally posted by 88 Bound View Post
                Finally grabbed a picture of my new toy. For those shooting deer and pigs 75-100 yards, do you have any issues? My first 6 rounds at 50 were tight enough for me to be pleased with. This thing shoots like a dream.
                Very nice and thanks for sharing a pic with us! Lots of fun ahead for you.

For me, accuracy is all about consistent grip and trigger pull. Having a 2#-2.5# crisp trigger helps a lot too. The biggest mistake I made early on was my grip. I'd grip my handguns like I was trying to crush iron. Now, even with my 454 and stout loads, my grip is medium at best. My goal is to have the lightest grip I can have without letting the gun fly out of my hands. The gun was designed to recoil so I no longer fight it or try to control it. Hurts less too, in my opinion. Not sure if that will help you, but it has made a world of difference for me.

Good luck this season!

Comment

Originally posted by Tomkat70 View Post
                  I'm in, been wanting to bust out a pistol for a WT kill for years just never done it.
                  Prepare for a new addiction...

Seriously, that's awesome! Show us your pistol of choice for the upcoming season and good luck!

Comment

i cant wait !
                    i changed my whole setup at my place in Rocksprings just to pistol hunt exclusively this year .

Comment

Originally posted by Randy M View Post
                      Very nice and thanks for sharing a pic with us! Lots of fun ahead for you.

For me, accuracy is all about consistent grip and trigger pull. Having a 2#-2.5# crisp trigger helps a lot too. The biggest mistake I made early on was my grip. I'd grip my handguns like I was trying to crush iron. Now, even with my 454 and stout loads, my grip is medium at best. My goal is to have the lightest grip I can have without letting the gun fly out of my hands. The gun was designed to recoil so I no longer fight it or try to control it. Hurts less too, in my opinion. Not sure if that will help you, but it has made a world of difference for me.

Good luck this season!
                      Much appreciated Randy! I realized quickly that I did not need to squeeze the finish off of it. The trigger is just below 2# I believe. It has been tuned. I am more excited to hunt with this pistol than my bow.

Comment

Check it out! Got published in the latest issue of Texas Trophy Hunters with a handgun hunting article I wrote.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Wow...congrats!!

Comment

That’s good stuff right there. Congratulations on becoming a published author.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Congrats!!

Comment

Awesome accomplishment!!

Comment

Working...
                                X