No announcement yet.

Official Lake Georgetown Public Hunting Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked my APH booklet. I don't see Lake Georgetown anywhere. I'm curious about this place.

Comment

Originally posted by bluenavigator View Post
      I checked my APH booklet. I don't see Lake Georgetown anywhere. I'm curious about this place.

Yup. Not in there. All the info is on the USACE website. All hunting is by draw conducted by the corps.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Ahhh, checked the USACE site and can see that deadline was past already for 2021-2022 hunting season.

"APPLICATIONS: Archery Applications for the Lake Georgetown 2021-2022 Archery Hunting Season will be accepted starting May 3, 2021. All applications must be turned in to the Lake Office no later than July 2, 2021 at 3:30 pm. Applications can be brought to or mailed to the Lake Georgetown Project Office at the address below. The project office will NOT accept applications by email this season. The $25 application fee will be waived for the 2021-2022 season, but will return for the 2022-2023 season."

Comment

Originally posted by PatrickN View Post
          Met you in line,what section did you end up in?

I’m in 9b currently, but lots more hunters moved in around me. Checked my camera on Thursday and there’s way more people than deer.

Comment

Anyone in 9b might want to check their cameras. Someone stole my card and batteries. Not sure who would be in this unit other than hunters. Pretty infuriating

Comment

Originally posted by Deaf View Post

Anyone in 9b might want to check their cameras. Someone stole my card and batteries. Not sure who would be in this unit other than hunters. Pretty infuriating

Dude this is messed up!

Comment

I hunted the lake in the mid 90’s. A very different experience back then I don’t think I would like it now. I didn’t use feeders I used milk jugs filled with corn that I would replenish as my 3 or 4 day hunt progressed. Lots of deer back then! Some great memories.

Comment

want be long

not sure about the rest of you but I am pumped to see if the scouting time pays off this season. Seeing some pretty good activity but I know the routine will change as the season progresses. Good luck to all, be safe and enjoy God's creation.

Comment

Anybody know who's set this is? It is directly on my path to my stand that I have hunted for two years, not 100 yards from the main trail, and wasn't there when I set up.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                      Anybody know who's set this is? It is directly on my path to my stand that I have hunted for two years, not 100 yards from the main trail, and wasn't there when I set up.

Call the number and give them the permit number?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DFWPI View Post
                        Call the number and give them the permit number?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
                        I emailed Jewel.

Comment

I just wanted to confirm that we don't have check-in information for this season yet, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by verter View Post
                            I just wanted to confirm that we don't have check-in information for this season yet, correct?
                            Not that I've received.

Comment

Originally posted by HogStalker View Post
                              Not that I've received.

Comment

Is this anyone's feeder on here? I found this feeder last friday about 60-65 yards from my set up. I emailed jewel for hunter info but haven't heard back yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X