No announcement yet.

Need a Ear/Shoulder to lean on-Divorce

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My first wife was a real piece of work. Good thing we didn’t have a business, but she did forge my name on two bank loans. I could have had her prosecuted but I opted to get better divorce terms. You might want to think about just getting out as well as you financially can and making a clean break, she’s still the mother of your kids. These are just things to think about, YMMV. Good luck Sir, finding out things like this really sucks.

Comment

I was in a similar business with my ex and went through a divorce 2 years ago.It was extremely tough,she had something really awful happen to her when she was young and when menopause hit she just couldn’t be with me anymore.I was very very sick at the time it was pure hell,but we loved and cared for each other.You sir have a bad bad ugly situation on multiple levels.You do have to protect your livelihood and name but you also are responsible for trying to take care of your wife no matter what she has done.I’m not saying protect her from consequences or not follow through with a divorce.If you base things from a biblical standard you don’t have grounds for divorce,unless there’s more to the story.Pray,protect yourself and assets,lawyer up,get the authorities involved,keep yourself mentally and spiritually charged,just know this too will pass.Hopefully you have friends family and spiritual confidants you can lean on so it don’t drive you crazy.Try and find where the money went and try and get her some help if she really wants it,sounds like some kind of addiction problem,drugs,gambling or who knows these days.I’m sure sorry you in this battle this is a horrible attack on you.

Comment

I am a pastor and accredited biblical counselor.

I also travel alot.

If you want to talk offline feel free to send me a pm.

You do not need/have to go thru this alone.

Praying for ya.

Comment

Sir. I feel for you and the predicament your in. My take on it is that in any marriage or business partnership, in which y’all are in both categories, the foundation has to be built on trust and honesty. Period. You state that the business is profitable. If that is truly the case and your balance sheets haven’t been falsified to show profit, the money stolen and pay day loans suggest a secret life. If the money has been taken from your dad’s account and loans have been taken out to keep the business afloat, some people will turn to desperate measures to meet desperate needs. Good people have the ability to make bad decisions when maybe a loved one is concerned. That brings your son into the picture. Could some of this be the result of her trying to protect his future and security by padding the company books? At the end of the day the foundation has been destroyed by her actions and Gods counsel should be your first priority. Give her the opportunity to come clean with full disclosure before taking your next step. I believe in any situation if love still exists there is the possibility to work through the problem. I hope this helps in one way or the other sir.

Comment

Alarming….nothing to add as others have already said to lawyer up. Prayers for you brother.

Comment

I would definitely make sure she has no access to any bank account immediately. Then make sure she does not have access to items that she could sell off easily. Then I would have to sit her down and give her a chance to tell the truth about why she has done what she has and where all of the money has gone.

I know if I were in your situation, I would want to know. I would be very stern on no BS, no changing the subject, twisting the truth, or blaming someone else. Just the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

I would have the divorce, in place and ready to go. Basically talk to the lawyer and do everything he or she says to do, in preparation for the divorce.

Most likely there is something else/someone else, where the money is going. But maybe she is doing something with the money would not be a result of another relationship, then you would just have the stealing to deal with.

Comment

Scorch the earth. No such thing as a friendly divorce. Game day starts today!!

Comment

She needs to be in jail
                  Anyone that would do what she has done to you deserves nothing less. Good luck with everything and I’ll pray for you. Can’t imagine going through what she is putting you through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
                    She needs to be in jail
                    Anyone that would do what she has done to you deserves nothing less. Good luck with everything and I’ll pray for you. Can’t imagine going through what she is putting you through

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                    100% , Lawer up and throw her under the bus / jail, some people have no control when it comes to financial infidelity, it’s a addictive game they play

Comment

Originally posted by Hogmauler View Post
                      Dang Tuff! I’m surprised you took her back.

Me too.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                        DO NOT PAY ANYTHING UNTIL YOU GET A LAWYER! Get a lawyer asap. I'll pray for you
                        This is solid advice. I'd talk to an attorney before I paid anything. As far as the money she took from your dad, he will have to be the one to file charges unless you or another family member has power of attorney over his finances. Then he could probably still stop it if he chose not to file because it's his money.

As far as the debt she racked up, it could be criminal because she used your info without your knowledge, but it may be a bit of a weak case because you guys have been married so long and everything you have is community property. Talk to a lawyer ASAP. A lot is in play with this deal. With that said, I'll be praying for you.

Comment

I think when you find out what she did with that money, your decisions will easier . She was doing things she didnt want you to know about and it ain't gonna be pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                            I think when you find out what she did with that money, your decisions will easier . She was doing things she didnt want you to know about and it ain't gonna be pretty.
                            Sadly this is the truth...and it will hurt.

Comment

Typical..
                              I'm not surprised, at anything they do.
                              They lie, they cheat, they steal..
                              Prayers, up for ya...

Tuff- your a better man, than Iam..

Comment

She don't respect you or your family. She's a liar and a thief. Get her *** thrown in jail and move on the best you can. Just sucks you couldn't have caught her sooner. 29 years flushed down the drain. She obviously don't care so you shouldn't either.

There's plenty of other ones out there,trade her in for a new one. Or better yet.......Don't. Life's too short to jack with people that lie and deceive you. People don't change,ever....She's the same person now as she was when you met her. She was just a good liar. That ain't your fault.
                                Last edited by okrattler; 09-12-2021, 11:33 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X