how loud is your bow?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

how loud is your bow?

i don't know if it got noisy all of a sudden but my bow is loud....like noticeably loud.

how loud is a recurve supposed to be? I have puff silencers on it and calf hair where the limbs hit the string but its louder than my compound by a noticeable amount

Have you checked your brace height? It doesn’t have to be far off to be noticeably louder

Comment

They can very quiet. Move the puffs to 18.3% of active string length, add a small puff at the king contact point, and hear your recurve quiet down.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
        Have you checked your brace height? It doesn’t have to be far off to be noticeably louder
        ^This

If that isn't it, then something is really wrong, because bows don't just get louder for no reason.

Rick

Comment

Give yourself some range time to tune that bow with slight brace height changes, move puffs around a little, etc. and sneak up on it. Make a change, shoot a few, and listen, etc. Recurves tuned “just right” will not just be quiet but will be real quiet. Good luck, and report back. A lot of us trad bow shooters can get kinda nerdy about bow tuning, and we will want to know how this works out for you.

Comment

I did take the string off the other day.

I’ll check brace height I did not know it affected noise. Still shot great

Comment

string was unraveling and had the brace height at around 7"

new string and 8" brace height have things quiet again

Comment

Originally posted by txtrophy85 View Post
                string was unraveling and had the brace height at around 7"

new string and 8" brace height have things quiet again
                Glad you found the problem

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                  Glad you found the problem
                  X2, and finding unraveling string this way is always better than the “surprise” way. Good luck putting that new string to good use real soon.

Comment

Working...
                  X