Cat Feeder: Outdoor Barn Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cat Feeder: Outdoor Barn Cat

Any recommendations on a heavy duty outdoor cat feeder? We have a couple barn cats and looking for something that can be set-up for 2-3 months.

Everything I look at online is cheap plastic crap that runs out after 2 weeks. We bought the top ranked one on amazon and it lasted 10 days.

Went thru the same thing. We just go out and feed them every day now. If we are gone, they live on mice and birds!

Bisch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Yea these are barn cats in training so not old enough to survive on their own.

Comment

I’ve used a metal chicken feeder for cats.

Comment

imho- never leave feed, of any kind out for months.
          It will mold, spoil. And cause, all kinds of intestinal problems..
          just my experience.
          If the kitties are young. Just go feed'em every other day..
          If they ain't hungry. They don't hunt.
          just a thought.

Comment

I’d like to know how you keep coons out of it. I can’t leave cat food out overnight because stray cats or coons will eat it. And before you say it, me and them coons don’t keep the same hours. When they’re eating, I’m sleeping.

Comment

Deer feeder with cat food in it. Make a chute around the spinner out of some cloth so it drops down into a bowl or on ground. Depending on size food, you may have to adjust spinner plate so it doesn't get stuck. I've used this setup for dog food many times.

Comment

Get your pet on a routine with the Lamco Automatic Pet Feeder. This pet feeder allows you to consistently feed your pet on a daily basis without being present. You set the time and the amount and the feeder will do the rest. The adjustable feed tray can be removed for easy cleanup. The Lamco Pet Feeder features heavy g

If you can ever find them in stock…

Comment

If they're worth having around they will catch on real quick how to feed themselves. Put a few bales of oat hay in your barn to attract rats and mice maybe. I hardly ever fed my cats and I would find rat heads and bird wings almost daily on the barn floor.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                    https://shop.lamcofeeders.com/collec...all-pet-feeder

Nice. I have tried different types but noting raccoon resistant yet.

Comment

We have the biggest plastic cat feeder chewy or amazon had. Set it inside an old wood cabinet with a pvc pipe downspout to the bowl. Coons cant get in it. We set the timer to only feed morning and afternoon so the cats clean it up before dark. that set up has worked for a long time for us. if we were gone longer than 2 weeks they went without food for only a day or two before we returned.

Comment

Dog food dispenser

Comment

Originally posted by easeup View Post
                          We have the biggest plastic cat feeder chewy or amazon had. Set it inside an old wood cabinet with a pvc pipe downspout to the bowl. Coons cant get in it. We set the timer to only feed morning and afternoon so the cats clean it up before dark. that set up has worked for a long time for us. if we were gone longer than 2 weeks they went without food for only a day or two before we returned.
                          Pic?

Comment

Just for some clarity these are kittens. Right now they stay in the chicken coop and we haven't had any problems with other animals getting in. Eventually they will have the run of the place.

They are around 4 or 6 months old at this point. We leave about 3 hours away from our ranch so checking on them everyday isn't an option.

Comment

Originally posted by Ag 96 View Post
                              https://shop.lamcofeeders.com/collec...all-pet-feeder

This would be perfect if they are ever in...

Comment

Working...
                              X