No announcement yet.

Feeder blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We built one with a 1000 pound hopper with 4 inch pvc out the bottom and up to the feeders. Had a big Shindawa commercial blower on it. It would fill a 300 pound feeder in about 2 minutes it seems like... maybe a little faster. We ended up doing away with it and got an All Seasons feed wagon. Holds 7000 pounds and does the job alot faster.

Comment

do they work on protein?

Comment

how big of a feeder filler you looking to build........blowing protein and mixing a little corn
        Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by millman View Post
          how big of a feeder filler you looking to build........blowing protein and mixing a little corn
          1000 lbs. in 8 minutes. Just enough time to drink a beer.

Comment

Tag

Comment

In

Comment

Haha

Comment

Feeder filler

I'm. About to build one with a bounce house blower. I figured t would be a lot quieter, cleaner for the area. Going to get a 750W inverter and hook it up to the hunting rig. Just leave it running and hit the on switch.

Comment

We built a 1,000 lb filler and all the comments about static electricity are true. I tend to use it on the big bulk feeders and that's about it. If I use it on a 300 lb corn feeder, I have to unplug the timer because it has been known to reset it. And it will give you the shock of your lift if you aren't careful.

If you want to build one that will fill up large feeders quickly, you will need an auger at the bottom of the hopper. This will keep a better flow of corn/protein going through the tube and will cut your fill up times by about 1/4.

Comment

Originally posted by big_smith View Post
                      Ours would fill a 1000# feeder in about 10-15 minutes w/corn. However, ours did not like protein, and it would take at least double the time. The fillers are an asset if you are alone, but if you have help a couple guys can fill a lot faster by hand.
                      Big Smith and I can attest to the static! burnt a hole in his shirt one time and I defibrillated myself another!!!!!!

Comment

I've been almost knocked down with the static charge on more than one occasion. We ended up taking a copper ground rod and putting it in the ground and leaning the pipe up against it. Talk about a thread revived. This was from 2008.

Comment

For static issues you must use rubber lined PVC (inside the pipe) then you must put a grounding lug up closes to the end of the feeder pipe and one off the blower end (chain to the ground is best) this will eliminate the problems of static

Comment

Working...
                          X