Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Brute Killer View Post
    Don't say NittoTerraGrappler.
    First blow-out was on a 3yo tire. Tread worn past warranty. Not horrible.
    Second blow-out was on a 2 day old tire!
    They are priced at 148 a piece, at Walmart. Any suggestions on a different brand?
    [ATTACH]1060253[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1060254[/ATTACH]
    Worst part about the 2nd blow-out (other than the obvious) was that it happened at 7 this morning on I-10, nb, in San Antonio just before it crosses over 410. Heavy traffic whizzing by and a pretty narrow shoulder, which I am glad was there.
    I called SAPD and they sent a safety vehicle to cover my 6. Thank you!
    Best part was that I had just bought a Dewalt cordless impact, ½" drive (DCF899), discounted $50 from Tractor Supply with an additional $10 coupon.
    It came in VERY handy!

Anyway. Tire recommendations?
    Are those E rated?

Comment

Originally posted by 7sdad View Post
      Hankook, I've had a set of these for a couple of years and I'm not sure I'll ever wear them out.
      Same here.

Comment

I've been extremely happy with my Falken tires on my Ram 2500. Make sure they are rated for your vehicle! I had Discount put a set on with to low of a rating, pure mistake, and they replaced them with new ones for free after I went in for my first rotation.

Comment

Cooper Discoverer ST MAXX is what I run and am very happy with them.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Comment

Took a chance on Milestar Patagonia XT for my last set because I was saving cash and didn't want to pay for another set of BFG. I'm at 35,000 miles on them, and will probably milk another 5k out. This is on a 2500 gas hemi truck. I think they were under $200 a piece. Great in the wet, zero issues during snowapocalypse, worked great at PINS, and work good enough in the mud. I don't think you'd get 50k out of them, but they worked well for me. I'll probably buy again.

The Patagonia X/T is designed to tackle your on and off-road adventures. A rugged 3-ply sidewall is utilized for enhanced durability in rough conditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Lone_Wolf View Post
              Don't buy tires at Walmart. Discount tire is the way to go. In my humble opinion....
              Funny you said that as in a act of desperation I bought 2 from Walmart in Laredo and both didn’t last 6 months, does Walmart get a different quality then a tire shop

Comment

hahahahahahahahahahah!!!!
                I would have argued with this not all that long ago, but apparently Goodyear bought Cooper out recently. I’ve been running Cooper for years with no issues but I do have reservations about Goodyear from past experience.

I’m currently running Cooper STT Pro’s on my 1500 Ram and they replaced the same brand and model. I got 67k out of the prior set though admittedly, they were somewhat chopped and you could feel it in the ride.

This set rides noticeably smoother than the previous set so I’m guessing they changed something in the compound, as all other specs are identical. That said, if I can get 50k or more out of these, I’ll be happy and might look in a different direction after that.

Comment

Originally posted by Pineywoods View Post
                  Don't laugh but check out Falken Wild Peak AT3W. I haven't found a better bang for the buck in an all-terrain yet. I ran Toyo and Nitto for a long time. I put 50,000 on last set before selling a truck and they were wearing great. The were quiet, looked good, and performed great on wet roads and mud.
                  This is what I’m running now. Great tire at a decent price. Wanted something to stand up to the rubber eating Big Bend roads and I’ve been very happy.

Comment

I’m using Cooper Discoverer RTX tires which have worn great. Very similar to the Terra Grapplers

Comment

General Grabber X3’s I love mine.

Comment

My only issue with coopers is that mine we’re loud.. have Goodyear’s on my truck now because I just bought it and that’s what came on it.. haven’t figured out what I’ll be going to when these are done..

Comment

Originally posted by KyleW View Post
                          I’m using Cooper Discoverer RTX tires which have worn great. Very similar to the Terra Grapplers
                          I've been really happy with them on my 4runner and I didn't find the E rating too stiff.

To the OP, at $148 a piece you are getting a P rated tire which is only good for pavement and light loads. Step it up to a LT rated tire and you'll stop having issues. I ran E rated Terra Grapplers on my 3/4 ton diesel with out issue for 6 years and that was with a lot of heavy use. You can get the above mentioned RTX tires in a LT rating for $162 at NTB.

Comment

If you had a blowout on a 2-day old tire, they will replace it.
                            They're going to get both of them back.

Comment

Originally posted by 175gr7.62 View Post
                              You’ll never know if there was something wrong with the tire or you ran over something.
                              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                              I had that same thought.

Comment

Originally posted by WhiplashTX View Post
                                I've been really happy with them on my 4runner and I didn't find the E rating too stiff.

To the OP, at $148 a piece you are getting a P rated tire which is only good for pavement and light loads. Step it up to a LT rated tire and you'll stop having issues. I ran E rated Terra Grapplers on my 3/4 ton diesel with out issue for 6 years and that was with a lot of heavy use. You can get the above mentioned RTX tires in a LT rating for $162 at NTB.
                                Good to know about the P rating. It's a Suburban, so it hasn't really been "loaded", but we also just got a 26' travel trailer, so I'm sure stouter tires are in order.

Comment

Working...
                                X