Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The game changers documentary....

Thoughts?

I'm really into the mechanism of how the body best functions and this explains alot... I've always known that diets high in red meats were linked to higher incidence of cancer etc- Diet is huge no different from our protein pellets we throw the deer.

Watch the Game Changers movie about plant-based eating, protein, and strength. Presented by James Cameron, Arnold Schwarzenegger, Jackie Chan, Lewis Hamilton, Novak Djokovic and Chris Paul.

Originally posted by kingranch View Post
    Thoughts?

I'm really into the mechanism of how the body best functions and this explains alot... I've always known that diets high in red meats were linked to higher incidence of cancer etc- Diet is huge no different from our protein pellets we throw the deer.

https://gamechangersmovie.com/
    So what does it say about diets high in red meat? Still the same conclusion?

Comment

I agree with it 100%.
      Rarely eat meat, processed foods, etc.., and try to stay on a whole food regime as much as possible
      Moderation is key in all things, but meat, sugar, etc..is big business.
      The media keeps it front and center though, your health being the least of their concerns.
      I did 100% vegan for 2 yrs straight, back when I was training a lot, and physically I've never felt better.

Comment

I’m 50 y/o and decided to minimize red meat and processed foods this year. The inflammation and “brain fog” has disappeared. I’m down 37 lbs since Jan 1st with exercise a well. Feeling like I’m 40 again. I saw the documentary last week. Thought about going full vegatarian but I like fish too much.
        On another note, I had a patient come to clinic for a yearly physical. It was our first time consulting together. He was wearing a fitted captain America t shirt and my first impression was “look at the 28 y/o all ripped…of course he can wear that shirt”. Five minutes later I realized he was 42 and probably less than 10% body fat. I asked for his secret and he said “no more red meat and processed foods”. He had done that for 2 years and said the fat came off easy. He even added that whatever white hair he had went back to brown. Don’t know about that one but I do believe the fat will come fast without red meat and bad carbs.

Comment

Game changers is biased agenda driven nonsense. Unfortunately most of the health and fitness industry is backed by agenda driven research.

Moderation is the key to health. Our bodies are designed to eat meat. Their is a big difference in eating a triple cheeseburger from Mcdonalds for lunch with fries and a giant coke, and eating a 6oz sirloin steak and some grilled vegetables.

Everybody functions a little different. The body is an incredible machine. Yes, you can force it to function off of no real protein and eat vegetables only, and it may work fine for some people. But most people function best off of moderation and EXERCISE. There is no magic diet or pills.

Comment

I just watched it this weekend and have been researching recipes because I think I want to give it a go. If I do I will still have meat occasionally.

Comment

I think I'll be ok eating meat. My grandparents ate real food their entire lives and lived well into their 90s before their brains gave out. I plan to do the same. Eat real food in proper portions and exercise. Of course I have the occasional splurge but sugar isnt anywhere near a part of my daily diet.

Comment

biased agenda driven?.. maybe but I find it hard to believe just for the simple fact that my experience working in the health field I have had the opportunity to follow my patients through recovery and diet changes...and seeing the results through blood work can be astonishing.
                What we put in our bodies translates differently for everyone however I feel like the majority of our health we can control through a good diet.
                Don't get me wrong I love a good steak and BBQ but there's definitely gonna be a change for me as far as how much I consume-
                I can't remember last day gone by that I haven't eaten meat for a meal- be it fish chicken or red meat

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                  Game changers is biased agenda driven nonsense. Unfortunately most of the health and fitness industry is backed by agenda driven research.

Moderation is the key to health. Our bodies are designed to eat meat. Their is a big difference in eating a triple cheeseburger from Mcdonalds for lunch with fries and a giant coke, and eating a 6oz sirloin steak and some grilled vegetables.

Everybody functions a little different. The body is an incredible machine. Yes, you can force it to function off of no real protein and eat vegetables only, and it may work fine for some people. But most people function best off of moderation and EXERCISE. There is no magic diet or pills.
                  Real protein only comes from meat lol?

Comment

Here’s a good article from Layne Norton, Phd regarding the film. He picks it apart pretty well and is able to educationally disprove many things.

Updated on November 20th, 2019 at 6:17pm EST Fixed pdf reference link A clarification regarding energy emissions as opposed to merely transportation

Comment

Is wild game meat considered red meat and bad for you? Because i eat it every day and feel like im stronger and healthier than most anyone i know.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                        Real protein only comes from meat lol?
                        If you're talking about complete amino acid profiles and bioavailability yes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
                          Is wild game meat considered red meat and bad for you? Because i eat it every day and feel like im stronger and healthier than most anyone i know.
                          Lack of moderation as mentioned is what is bad.
                          We eat more meat now, than we ever have thanks to preservatives, refrigeratoration, etc..
                          Yes our grandparents ate it and lived to be 90, but they didn't eat the amount we do, and their meat didn't have all BS in it our meat today has.
                          Meat full of all kinds of crap, processed with even more crap.
                          Society as a whole is unhealthier than it's ever been, and imo processed food, sugar, & red meat are the most likely culprits based off by personal research & pursuit of a healthy lifestyle.
                          Recent studies are finding a correlation between diabetes & red meat as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Flex View Post
                            If you're talking about complete amino acid profiles and bioavailability yes.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                            You can achieve all that from plants, just not from a single source.
                            Easy enough to do, in fact very easy to do.

Comment

Originally posted by Allpublic View Post
                              Haha. Technically yes. But it is not a level playing field. The real issue with "red meat" these days, and all store bought meats is the amount of chemicals and preservatives in the meat.

Comment

Working...
                              X