Spartan 3G cellular gamecam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone still using one of these just waiting for ATT to drop 3G and them not work anymore? I had 3 running and now I am down to one because ATT wont renew the cellular plan any more.

I have two of the Covert blackops that run 4G. I guess I will try to replace the Spartans with a Tactacam since everyone likes them. Now i just have to find one. Looks like all the ones available are Verizon.

I have 2 Spartan 3G cams still in the box.
    No good anymore ?

Comment

Originally posted by 12ring View Post
      I have 2 Spartan 3G cams still in the box.
      No good anymore ?
      Are they GCati? I think that is the model. If so, you won't be able to get cellular service for them any more according to Spartan. You can trade them in but the new cameras will still cost $250.

Comment

I posted about it the other day but it didn’t get any traction. Current plans are still active but you can’t get a new 3G plan activated.

Comment

Well…chit. I think I got skeerewed.

Thanks for the heads up MrHorns and MrDog.

Comment

I believe Feb 2022 is when 3G goes away on ATT. I have 3 Spartans now and 2 are 3G, other is 4G.

I tried to activate the 3G’s recently and they wouldn’t let me do it on the “Buyasession” website that I’ve always used to prepay for data. But I got a backdoor way from the ATT rep nearby me to at least activate till end of season. You have to fudge the IMEI number a bit and try to get it to recognize an IMEI that can still be activated (4G model). So I made the last 3 numbers different to my 3G cameras. Basically used my 4G camera’s IMEI number and changed last 3 digits and the buyasession website recognized it and I was able to use the new SIM card ATT gave me for free and activate my 3G for another 6 months.

Comment

Oh crap, guess I’m screwed

Comment

Originally posted by Briar Friar View Post
                Well…chit. I think I got skeerewed.

Thanks for the heads up MrHorns and MrDog.
                They will still function as regular cams, so not entirely screwed, but certainly not kissed.

Comment

Originally posted by Agdog View Post
                  I posted about it the other day but it didn’t get any traction. Current plans are still active but you can’t get a new 3G plan activated.
                  I just re-upped my AT&T buy a session on my 3g camera an hour ago. It went through just fine for me. Got the 6 month plan for 45.15

Comment

Originally posted by BigL71 View Post
                    I just re-upped my AT&T buy a session on my 3g camera an hour ago. It went through just fine for me. Got the 6 month plan for 45.15
                    That is good news. I was told by spartan customer service that ATT wouldn't renew any plans. guess I am going to give it a try also.

Thanks for letting us know!

Comment

I’m still running 3 Spartan 3g cameras, and I guess I need to see when my Buy a Session plans run out. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet when these 3 are done. If I can’t get a camera that will allow me to use Buy a Session, I’ll probably just go back to non cellular cameras.
                      My best cameras are the HCO (predecessor to the Spartan) expired 2g cameras. They take great pictures and with 12 batteries last forever.

Comment

Originally posted by retrieverman View Post
                        I’m still running 3 Spartan 3g cameras, and I guess I need to see when my Buy a Session plans run out. I haven’t decided what I’m going to do yet when these 3 are done. If I can’t get a camera that will allow me to use Buy a Session, I’ll probably just go back to non cellular cameras.
                        My best cameras are the HCO (predecessor to the Spartan) expired 2g cameras. They take great pictures and with 12 batteries last forever.

You’ll be able to run 4g spartan cameras cheaper going forward by utilizing Spartans group:shared data plans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
                        Last edited by Roscoe; 08-15-2021, 05:08 PM.

Comment

Did you re-up cameras that you’ve been using and the plans ran out or did you re-up cameras that have been out of use for awhile?

Comment

Originally posted by Roscoe View Post
                            Did you re-up cameras that you’ve been using and the plans ran out or did you re-up cameras that have been out of use for awhile?

Re-upped camera that is already in use.

Comment

Re-upped camera that is already in use.

That’s the difference. Your camera was already “active.”

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Working...
                              X