Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who has received a hunting or fishing ticket?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I’ve got one hunting ticket and one fishing ticket, both when I was about 14.

My hunting ticket was when I was dove hunting with my dad and uncle, I was riding on the tailgate coming in from an afternoon hunt and shot a bird from the truck while it was moving. I thought it was a great shot, the game warden watching us said as much when he pulled up..... then he wrote me a ticket for firing from a moving vehicle.

My fishing ticket was an oversized black drum when dad let me take the boat out by myself one morning. I tagged it with the drum tag as I didn’t know it was only a red drum tag. Got pulled over as I was pulling into the pier and the game warden was nice enough to write me a ticket for an oversized drum but not for misuse of my red drum tag or not having filled it out correctly. He also saved me from trying to clean and eat that sucker.

Not yet, but it's coming probably,lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Comment

Got a fishing ticket last year or year before for jugline a not properly marked forgotten to put the date on them.

Got a couple warnings for log on the hunting license not filled out all the way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I received a citation once for duck hunting. Long story, too much to type. I felt like I came out ahead watching the game warden open that trash bag full of chit(literally)

Comment

I got(my parents really got) hammered for a duck violation when I was 16. Me and my brothers went out and shot three limits worth of pintails. We didn’t have a clue what they were. That was before pintail season opened, over the limit. Lol
          Last edited by panhandlehunter; 07-29-2020, 05:04 PM.

Comment

Only gotten one- for duck hunting. Got back in line(when you could still do that) at mad. We breasted out all the teal didn’t leave wings on. Got checked the next day after that hunt and got a ticket. 176. Got lucky he said he coulda charged restitution per bird. No hard feelings tho I’m thankful for GW’s and what they do

Comment

I got one when I was 16. A group of us (5) were dove hunting the Highland reservoir one evening. We were all standing in a group after the hunt. 2 possum cops walk up and ask who was shooting after hours. It was the 2 guys in our group that were down about 30 yards from us. They didn't fess up... We didn't snitch... We all got tickets!
              Lesto!!

Comment

My only one was a ticket for no fishing license on Lake Arrowhead when I was in my early 20s. I had one but forgot it at home that day. The GW told me to keep fishing and fax a copy of my license into the JP office Monday morning and it would be dismissed. I did and it was. Nice guy.

Comment

I got one for no boaters Ed.

Comment

I got one for not having my fishing license on my person (was about 100 yards away in my truck).

Comment

2 for no fishing license on me when leaving wallet in the truck. Both dismissed

Comment

I've been present for a few but never got one. GW did his best to give us one after a night of bowfishing. Was waiting on us at the dock around 4am. Looked all over the boat and went through our barrel of fish looking for a bass or catfish. He would've earned his pay if we had anything illegal.

Comment

Not me directly but my wife. I bought her a Rem 1100 20g and we went to the skeet range and she shot a couple boxes of shells and was doing pretty good. Went out opening day of dove season she had about 8 doves and GW came up and asked for licenses and checked our guns. I just never thought to put a plug in her gun. Can’t put more than 2 at the range. She was less than happy with me when they took her doves and have her a ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Duck hunting without a license. I had one, just couldn't find it. He was a Fed and didn't care....(I've seen state guys call it in to check and see if the hunter has a valid license and when verified, gave a warning). I mailed a copy of my license to the judge along with a court fee and it was dismissed.

Comment

I got a ticket for not using the right tag long after I shot the buck. I properly filled out the log. Went to jury trial in Willis and Asst DA tried to get me to plead down before the jury Sat. I told her that I had a good case and was willing to my chances against a pro. She told me she just talked with the GW and he told her they had a great case against me. BS. Well, come time to sit the jury and she had all the jurists sit in the courtroom and had me stay by the front. After about ten minutes, I noticed the people leaving the courtroom. I went inside and she told me the GW called and said he did not have a strong case and she dismissed the ticket. I was livid. I told both her and the judge that it was messed up and many good people's time was wasted. I got the impression the judge wasn't happy either. This happened in SHNF. Moral of the story is: when you are right, go with a jury trial not a judge.

SH

Comment

Working...
                              X