Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
    Are you asking how to catch crabs?
    When are we going fishing at the docks by the shrimp packing facility? [emoji106][emoji1787]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
      When are we going fishing at the docks by the shrimp packing facility? [emoji106][emoji1787]
      So.....you wanna go shrimpin'?

Comment

Tvc gave me a tour of where the fish stack up waiting on the shrimp waste from the packing plant. [emoji16]

Comment

Originally posted by Chew View Post
          Tvc gave me a tour of where the fish stack up waiting on the shrimp waste from the packing plant. [emoji16]
          Yep. It helps that it is across the street from the police station..

Comment

Originally posted by tvc184 View Post
            Are you asking how to catch crabs?
            Easy when the bar is closing they catch you.

Comment

Up to 317 now and we only crabbed five days in July. My wife makes an awesome crab cake.

Comment

If any of you guys have a CrabMaster or know someone making similar let me know. I love soup and cakes just hate cleaning.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
                  If any of you guys have a CrabMaster or know someone making similar let me know. I love soup and cakes just hate cleaning.
                  The Crabmaster is hard to find, I have been looking myself.

Regarding catching, I have a few neighbors, coworkers and buddies that have been killing them since May. I hate to say it for those posting numbers but they are catching 100-300 in a few hours here in Southeast Texas. They are in areas off the Neches, all within sight of the Rainbow Bridge and off the bank. One guy stops between 80-100 and that will take 2.5 hours. I have two others that only crab in the marshes via boat and they haul in the numbers. A group of 2 men and 5 kids, all under 10 caught 288 on afternoon. They drank a bit and thought they had about 100 but the kids hammered them, lol.

Also, all on chicken necks and string, no traps.

Comment

Yeah I'd do a lot more crabbin if I had a CrabMaster. We only have four traps and one of them is pretty decrepid, had about 80 in them the last time we put them out. We just keep 3 per person and do a boil and let the rest go but it would be nice to stock up on some crab meat.

Comment

Since April I’ve put about 125 in the freezer in 4 trips to Port A. Been a decent year. Had 2 traps stolen last time I was down there about 3 weeks ago. Sorry sons of guns. I guess it happens to everyone and I figured it was a matter of time since I started putting out traps a couple years ago.

Comment

So I'm curious. There are guides for all kinds of fishing, but are there guide for crabbing? I would love to take the family down to the coast to put them on some crabs. When I was a kid living in Corpus, at the time, I still have great memories of the family going out, setting up on an island to stab flounder and then I would go catch crab while they sat around the bonfire.

Comment

Originally posted by No-Tox View Post
                          So I'm curious. There are guides for all kinds of fishing, but are there guide for crabbing? I would love to take the family down to the coast to put them on some crabs. When I was a kid living in Corpus, at the time, I still have great memories of the family going out, setting up on an island to stab flounder and then I would go catch crab while they sat around the bonfire.

I doubt it. They are easy to catch. Some chicken necks, strings, and a net. Just find a spot and have at it. Even easier to buy. Lol

Comment

You can scoop a couple hundred a night out of the surf with a dipnet.
                            No bait needed, just a good headlamp, and long handled net.

Comment

Originally posted by MadHatter View Post
                              You can scoop a couple hundred a night out of the surf with a dipnet.
                              No bait needed, just a good headlamp, and long handled net.
                              I have never tried that. Do you just go in the first gut and scoop?

Comment

We only made one trip so far this year back in April but we managed 109 in about 3 hours. I need to get after them and possibly put out the traps. We love eating some crabs.

Comment

Working...
                                X