Edwards co artifacts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
    Tracking a deer 2 years ago and found this in a creek bed where 2 streams met. About .5 miles from Edwards co.

Nice one !!

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
      Nice finds! Looks a lot like the same stuff that I have been finding as well
      Let's see em !!

Comment

Originally posted by R.W.T View Post
        Nice one !!

I should be a hand model![emoji3]

Comment

Thats the piece i was looking at. Probably right about it just being a flake but Im still not sure. I like the long flute with percussion rings on it. I cant tell if its micro flaked along the edge. Can you see little flaking along one side?
          Last edited by GarGuy; 01-16-2016, 06:15 PM.

Comment

Here is a thread you might enjoy if you get bored. It journals a dig my Father and i did here in East tx.

Comment

Let's see em !!

I believe this to be a camp, tons of flint chips on the ground. The field has been burned twice in the past five years so a good bit of flint has popped (I think). At some point, hopefully sooner than later, it's going to be excavated for artifacts.

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                Thats the piece i was looking at. Probably right about it just being a flake but Im still not sure. I like the long flute with percussion rings on it. I cant tell if its micro flaked along the edge. Can you see little flaking along one side?
                One side looks like it was sharpend to me and the other is smooth

Comment

Originally posted by The General View Post
                  I believe this to be a camp, tons of flint chips on the ground. The field has been burned twice in the past five years so a good bit of flint has popped (I think). At some point, hopefully sooner than later, it's going to be excavated for artifacts.

Great finds, I'm not sure how far you are from rocksprings or what your ground looks like. ? My place is rock on top of rock. I'm lucky to find 8-10 inches of top soil before hitting rock. I don't think there's anything here but surface finds

Comment

Originally posted by GarGuy View Post
                    http://discussions.texasbowhunter.co...d.php?t=288753

Here is a thread you might enjoy if you get bored. It journals a dig my Father and i did here in East tx.
                    I did enjoy it. Great finds !!

Comment

Great finds, I'm not sure how far you are from rocksprings or what your ground looks like. ? My place is rock on top of rock. I'm lucky to find 8-10 inches of top soil before hitting rock. I don't think there's anything here but surface finds

Thanks. About 50 miles S of Rocksprings. For the most part it's all rock, but there are a good bit of areas that have some decent soil- granted its still rocky as heck.

This is the field where those finds came from. We burned on this day, and two days later it rained and washed all the ash away and was great for surface hunting.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	35FC9327-D1F3-490C-A692-8033343B8BA5.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	166.0 KB
ID:	24638237

Click image for larger version

Name:	19B40E9F-A91E-4A98-8B34-FAC872CBC051.jpeg
Views:	1
Size:	141.4 KB
ID:	24638238 axe ? Bigger than my hand

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Garguy what is this thing ?

Comment

I've found a few different things on my place. This core is my favorite
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by HTOWN View Post
                                I've found a few different things on my place. This core is my favorite
                                Fantastic core. I think I have seen it before?

The item above it is a big ol preform.

Comment

Working...
                                X