No announcement yet.

South Texas buck (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For those of you not familiar with the STGS saga, I will fill you in on a few missed points.
    1. STGS sets up his feeder pens for rifle shots, out of tower blinds.
    2. STGS' pigs are a protected species.
    3. STGS thinks you should be able to shoot a deer, with a bow, at 50 yards, through a cattle panel.
    4. STGS loves his pet pigs.
    5. STGS thinks bows shoot like rifles.
    6. STGS bottle raises orphaned pigs and loves them unconditionally.

Jeremy, did I miss anything?

Comment

Originally posted by Texastaxi View Post
      For those of you not familiar with the STGS saga, I will fill you in on a few missed points.
      1. STGS sets up his feeder pens for rifle shots, out of tower blinds.
      2. STGS' pigs are a protected species.
      3. STGS thinks you should be able to shoot a deer, with a bow, at 50 yards, through a cattle panel.
      4. STGS loves his pet pigs.
      5. STGS thinks bows shoot like rifles.
      6. STGS bottle raises orphaned pigs and loves them unconditionally.

Jeremy, did I miss anything?

Nope. That about sums it up. My catchphrase for the year is "F'ing Bowhunters"....... or something else hateful about "that stick and string crap"......

I have moved more blinds, cut more feed pen panels, moved feeders, turned off feeders, hand corn, no hand corn, etc.. all for a dang bowhunter. A real hunter (rifle) would have been done 3 weeks ago after being in the blind (tower - 100 yds away from feeder) for 15 minutes. Whiskey would have been flowing in 30 minutes. That is real hunting, not this stick and string crap. Why don't we just throw rocks at them if we want to make it more challenging?

Satirical rant over....

Oh, and pig lives matter.
      Last edited by STGS; 10-26-2020, 01:23 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by STGS View Post
        Nope. That about sums it up. My catchphrase for the year is "F'ing Bowhunters"....... or something else hateful about "that stick and string crap"......

I have moved more blinds, cut more feed pen panels, moved feeders, turned off feeders, hand corn, no hand corn, etc.. all for a dang bowhunter. A real hunter (rifle) would have been done 3 weeks ago after being in the blind (tower - 100 yds away from feeder) for 15 minutes. Whiskey would have been flowing in 30 minutes. That is real hunting, not this stick and string crap. Why don't we just throw rocks at them if we want to make it more challenging?

Satirical rant over....

Since you put it like that, guess I should have slick tricked one of those pigs in on the hand corn, through the feed pen panel, while sipping on some whiskey

Comment

PLM!

I can't argue with you about the whiskey, but Tina said I have to slow down after I killed a bottle of Whistle Pig (purely coincidence) at a retirement party, fell asleep in a lawn chair, on a tanning ledge of one of our VP's pools, got up ... fell INTO the pool, puked all over his patio and patio furniture, rode home in my underwear so I wouldn't get her seat wet, and finally fell over backwards trying to step up into the house. Luckily my elbow and head broke my fall!

So, is my trashy buck still hanging out?
          I promise I won't even ask to shoot a pig ... this year!

And FTR, I don't think pig blood bothers these deer.
          Not that I've ever got to shoot one or anything.

Comment

PLM!

I can't argue with you about the whiskey, but Tina said I have to slow down after I killed a bottle of Whistle Pig (purely coincidence) at a retirement party, fell asleep in a lawn chair, on a tanning ledge of one of our VP's pools, got up ... fell INTO the pool, puked all over his patio and patio furniture, rode home in my underwear so I wouldn't get her seat wet, and finally fell over backwards trying to step up into the house. Luckily my elbow and head broke my fall!

So, is my trashy buck still hanging out?
            I promise I won't even ask to shoot a pig ... this year!

And FTR, I don't think pig blood bothers these deer.
            Not that I've ever got to shoot one or anything.

That trashy one is still waiting for you... I will post up a pic, but don't want Zach changing his mind and making me move another dadgum blind.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	38.5 KB
ID:	24636321
            Last edited by STGS; 10-26-2020, 01:38 PM.

Comment

Satirical rant over....

At least you put in hard work for some of your hunters...bet that would be cool!

Comment

Originally posted by CastAndBlast View Post
                At least you put in hard work for some of your hunters...bet that would be cool!
                He doesn't like us!
                Last edited by Texastaxi; 10-26-2020, 01:43 PM.

Comment

Well this thread just made a slight 90 degree turn.... ha ha

Best of luck this Friday, hope you kill him in the first 15 minutes and drinking whisky at the 20 minute mark........

Rwc

Comment

You are such a good bowhunter, your bucks keep committing suicide before you arrive to hunt.

Comment

He doesn't like us!
                      I would say that y’all both should come down this weekend...... I just don’t want to have a poster in my blind

Comment

A few more pics of the quality bucks we have to offer "certain" friends and repeat customers. He is all yours Kevin!!!!

Name:	Capture 5.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	40.8 KB
ID:	24636322

Name:	Capture 4.jpg
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	24636323

Name:	Capture 3.jpg
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	24636324

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                          I would say that y’all both should come down this weekend...... I just don’t want to have a poster in my blind
                          Fixed it for you!!!!!

Name:	Capture 6.jpg
Size:	51.2 KB
ID:	24636325

Comment

Fixed it for you!!!!!

[ATTACH]1025261[/ATTACH]
                            I can have a new one, delivered to your house, by Wednesday, Jeremy!

Comment

A few more pics of the quality bucks we have to offer "certain" friends and repeat customers. He is all yours Kevin!!!!

[ATTACH]1025258[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1025259[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]1025260[/ATTACH]
                              Do you think his body is as big as my 236?
                              I'm reconsidering a lifesize mount on him.

Comment

Do you think his body is as big as my 236?
                                I'm reconsidering a lifesize mount on him.
                                He is pretty big in the body and has a nice cape. There might be a better one if you are just looking for a replacement cape/full body.

Comment

Working...
                                X