No announcement yet.

South Texas buck (Take 2)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ouch. It always seems to work out that way. You leave, they come in on a string. He definitely seems to be locked on to the feeder, so I bet you get your chance on your next trip. Best of luck!

Comment

When are we going back after this buck? Still getting pictures?

Comment

Man I saw this thread bumped and my heart jumped.

Comment

Just a suggestion, I'd use bolt cutters and clip the top two squares of panel up and down for a 15' stretch in front of your shooting window and bend the top two rows of panel over when hunting, then they can be pushed back up after you are finished and wired back. Hope that makes sense but it might allow more shot opportunities if he were closer to the blind and not clearing top of panels.

Click image for larger version

Name:	feeder panel.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	24634090

bend section down over the arrow. Sorry my Paint program was acting stupid this morning
          Last edited by buck_wild; 10-22-2020, 07:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by cnc_xt View Post
            When are we going back after this buck? Still getting pictures?
            I will be resuming the hunt next weekend. Thought we were going to be able to make it happen this weekend but will have to push back a week.

Yes he’s been coming in very consistently

Comment

South Texas buck (Take 2)

Originally posted by buck_wild View Post
              Just a suggestion, I'd use bolt cutters and clip the top two squares of panel up and down for a 15' stretch in front of your shooting window and bend the top two rows of panel over when hunting, then they can be pushed back up after you are finished and wired back. Hope that makes sense but it might allow more shot opportunities if he were closer to the blind and not clearing top of panels.

[ATTACH]1024521[/ATTACH]

bend section down over the arrow. Sorry my Paint program was acting stupid this morning

Yup we are definitely cutting at least another square down.

We had already trimmed a square but I agree that we will need to do an additional square. See pic that I took from the blind after one square trimmed.

Comment

I think you will be fine panel wise. That camera is prob bh in lower portion of window. You will be higher so no issues.

Comment

Maybe that gap will have him jumping in and out on your side too.
                  Good luck

Comment

The hunt picks back up this Friday afternoon!!!

Just to catch everyone up:

The buck has changed feeding patterns and relocated to a new pen. Had us a little uneasy as he missed 2 days coming in, after being there every morning and afternoon.

Jeremy went to the ranch Saturday and moved cameras around and found which pen he’s been coming to. Sunday, he set up another Krivoman blind and he was there that afternoon. New blind is set 19 yds to the pen and 27 yds to the feeder. I will be in that blind Friday afternoon! This week is going to drag.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Gee thanks, now it's going to drag for us too!

Comment

If I had deer like that walking around on my place I would be in the blind everyday.

Comment

Hope you get some more cool pictures

JK! Good luck, go get him!

Comment

Originally posted by Muskles View Post
                            Gee thanks, now it's going to drag for us too!

Lmao!

Comment

Originally posted by tfrye View Post
                              Hope you get some more cool pictures

JK! Good luck, go get him!

I got some “cool” pictures of a blackbuck this past weekend at my lease near San Angelo. I know how much you like blackbucks Tyler!

Comment

Originally posted by 8pointer View Post
                                I got some “cool” pictures of a blackbuck this past weekend at my lease near San Angelo. I know how much you like blackbucks Tyler!

That's awesome, congrats! I do love me some black bucks, need to get one of those suckers soon!

Comment

Working...
                                X