Rangefinder recommendations - ? Input needed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rangefinder recommendations - ? Input needed

My Leupold RX-750 bit the dust somehow. Not sure if it was the 6yr old going to town on the buttons last weekend or if it died before then. Either way, I'm looking for a replacement.

While looking for a replacement I've thought about buying some rangefinding binoculars instead, but still weighing the pro's and con's of both.

Maybe some of y'all gents own one you swear by and recommend me look at...

Some of the following info I will be using it for may help you help me.

I'm only familiar with the older Nikon 440 and this Leupold RX-750 True Ballistic Range rangefinders.

- I've gotten into long range shooting the past couple years, so I'd like something that will at least range to 1000yds.
    - I prefer a + crosshair reticle in the rangefinder or rangefinding bino instead of a "o" like the Nikon one my dad has.
    - I'll be using it to bowhunt as well.
    - I'll be using it in New Mexico and eventually Colorado so the angle compensation feature some products have may be helpful, but I've personally don't have any real hunt/life experience using it.

That's really all the criteria that I can think of. Any input whatsoever is helpful.

Thank you!

How old is it? If it's less than 2 years old you can still send it in for warranty work and save yourself some money!

We’ve been making world-class optics that bear our family name for over 100 years. We honor that legacy every day as we design, machine and assemble…

Comment

my only input is that I found the Leupold wouldn't work through shoot through mesh and my Nikon does.

Comment

I have the Sig kilo 2200 and I really like it for the money!

Comment

The world of hunting has always held a certain fascination. ZEISS products have been giving hunters the confidence for any hunting situation.

I won this rangefinder in a raffle about 7 years ago I love it. I've ranged animals out past 1500 yds. It's very tough also I lost it a few years ago in the pasture for about 2 months my FIL found it in a wash out about 500 yds from where i lost it the rain had washed it down stream still works flawlessly.

Comment

OP what’s your budget? $400 and under and I would go Sig 2200, then Leica 2000. $500 and I would go Leica 2400. I’ve ran quite a few to compare them side by side. Leupold makes a new 2800 series that should compare with the Sig, and Nikon makes a 4K. I don’t have any time behind the leupold yet, and I’m kinda weary of them. The Nikon I wouldn’t even consider. I was less than impressed with it on anything but a perfect day. The reticle is also a huge downside.

Comment

I would like to stay around $500 mark or less. Obviously if it were rangefinder binos it’d be significantly more.

Comment

I have the sig now. Really like it.

Comment

I have the sig kilo 2000 and have no complaints (especially the price).

Comment

Originally posted by lglidewell View Post
                    I would like to stay around $500 mark or less. Obviously if it were rangefinder binos it’d be significantly more.
                    Leica 2400. If your budget supports it, which $500 does, you won’t regret it. Plus it’ll be a lot harder to outgrow than a lesser device.

Comment

Leica HD-B they ain't cheap, but they are amazing! You can load the ballistics for your rifle and they will give you real time shoot too distance using temperature, humidity, elevation, barometric pressure, etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X