Prime bows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime bows

im 66, not real strong. i shoot my Carbon Element rarely. i pull 54lbs. i have been noticing Prime seems to be gaining in popularity for smooth draw and speed at lightweight pull settings.

which model should i look at?

Have a prime Ion up for sale. 29” 70 lbs. message me if interested

Comment

I think they are phasing out the Rize; you can pick up a brand new one for $600 or less. If you want to spend twice as much, look at their latest models.

Comment

I’ve heard they are the real deal, almost as good as Mathews ��

Comment

I've got a Rize and absolutely love it. Smooth draw and rock solid on the back wall.

Comment

Tag, been looking at one. One for sell locally (Rize I thik) for 450.00 which is in my draw length 27DL. Heard great things about them but never shot one.

Comment

Shoot it. I've always shot Mathews (since the FX) and they are good bows but when I shot the Rize, I made the switch.

Comment

I put my Mathews down last week and ordered the CT3. Shot it side by side against the Vertrix for an hour or 2. Like said above, the wall is solid and draw is smooth.

Comment

I love mine. I spent two days at the bow shop pulling back bows and always found my self going back to Prime.

Comment

Rival, Rize and Ion are among the best bows Prime has ever built, maybe anyone has ever built. However, do yourself a favor and shoot the new CT series (Logic, CT3 and CT5); personally, I like them better than the Rival and I love the Rival.

Prime cams are draw length specific, no modules for changing draw length; which doesn't impact your purchase (as Prime will put whatever cam size you need on there, or the dealer will) but it could impact the resale value if you decide to sell the bow.

Prime cams are incredibly good at retaining speed when switching cam sizes averaging less loss in FPS when going with shorter draw lengths. However, they are not barn burners to begin with. So, don't expect a 330 IBO to compare to a 350 IBO, but percentage wise Prime will win.

Prime builds an exceptional bow, fit and finish is second to none, new strings every two years for the original owner (and they are good strings), easy to tune parallel cam system with the Flexis AR and a grip that is among the best out there.

At 55 pounds the Rival is a dream to shoot and so is the CT3, which is the only two models I've shot at that draw weight. The CT3 has a little more pronounced drop off into the valley, but it isn't a deal breaker, just a difference.

If you can find a new old stock Rival you can get it for about $650 or so right now; my neighbor just bought one for that price brand new from a shop, warranty and all.

Comment

i switched this season to a prime logic. Love it

Comment

Working...
                      X