BT release for hunting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BT release for hunting?

Who is or has been taking one into the blind with them? Just switched from the Tru-Fire on my wrist to the SEAR. The sear has made my shots so much better, but curious about taking it to the blind with me. Just wanted your inputs. Thanks

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk

How long have you been shooting it? How much confidence do you have in it right now? This is my first year exclusively shooting a hinge while hunting. I started training with it as soon as season ended last year to build my confidence in it and help with tp. I’ve killed 5 animals since the beginning of season but I have all the confidence in the world that when that shot breaks that arrow is going exactly where I want it.

Comment

Jim burnworth shoots one from western addiction, I believe is the show.

Comment

I shoot a sear. Having the click helps me a ton in a hunting situation. So far, since I’ve switched my shots have gone exactly where I want them, the click makes me slow down and realize I gotta get my life together if I wanna find this animal
        Last edited by kd350; 11-09-2018, 07:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by diamond10x View Post
          Jim burnworth shoots one from western addiction, I believe is the show.
          Western Extreme.

Levi Morgan hunts with one too.

I killed my elk with a wrist strap this year, then gave it away to make me shoot a hand-held. I killed a deer last month with a thumb. I shoot them much like a hinge.

I can shoot a hinge just fine, but I'm still trying to get the sear set exactly where I'd like it for a hunting scenario. I'm looking at a Tru Fire Sear or a Scott Longhorn Hunter just so I won't have to worry about loosing one when I'm hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by quackadikt View Post
            Western Extreme.

Levi Morgan hunts with one too.

I killed my elk with a wrist strap this year, then gave it away to make me shoot a hand-held. I killed a deer last month with a thumb. I shoot them much like a hinge.

I can shoot a hinge just fine, but I'm still trying to get the sear set exactly where I'd like it for a hunting scenario. I'm looking at a Tru Fire Sear or a Scott Longhorn Hunter just so I won't have to worry about loosing one when I'm hunting.

I’d go with the sear. It’s very adjustable, before and after the click and very comfortable in the hand; It’s brass so it’s got some weight to it. I don’t think you can adjust after the click with the longhorn

Comment

Originally posted by kd350 View Post
              I’d go with the sear. It’s very adjustable, before and after the click and very comfortable in the hand; It’s brass so it’s got some weight to it. I don’t think you can adjust after the click with the longhorn

That’s good to know.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by antiparadigm View Post
                Who is or has been taking one into the blind with them? Just switched from the Tru-Fire on my wrist to the SEAR. The sear has made my shots so much better, but curious about taking it to the blind with me. Just wanted your inputs. Thanks

Sent from my LG-H931 using Tapatalk
                If you are shooting so much better with the hinge why even debate using another style release aid?

This is a specific question, not trying to be an *******.

Do you think you will not have the time?
                Do you think you will not be able to "command" the shot if needed?
                Do you think the clicker will spook deer?
                Something else...?

FWIW, I have been using a handheld release on and off for years. I just switched to the HBX a few years ago and I love it; I don't use a click, clicks make me anxious.

Lots of people use them, the only real reason not to is in your head.

Comment

I shoot a tru ball HBC hinge release with no click. It makes me a better archer in every situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                    If you are shooting so much better with the hinge why even debate using another style release aid?

This is a specific question, not trying to be an *******.

Do you think you will not have the time?
                    Do you think you will not be able to "command" the shot if needed?
                    Do you think the clicker will spook deer?
                    Something else...?

FWIW, I have been using a handheld release on and off for years. I just switched to the HBX a few years ago and I love it; I don't use a click, clicks make me anxious.

Lots of people use them, the only real reason not to is in your head.
                    I assume there ia a lot more that goes into it than just the shot. I.e. what if i drop it while in my tree stand, do some think the click is too loud, etc.

Since original post, To remedy the dropping it part i bought a 2 dollar "survival bracelet" from walmart, and added some cordage so that if i drop it, the release is still attached to my wrist.

Sent from my LM-V405 using Tapatalk

Comment

I assume there ia a lot more that goes into it than just the shot. I.e. what if i drop it while in my tree stand, do some think the click is too loud, etc.

Since original post, To remedy the dropping it part i bought a 2 dollar "survival bracelet" from walmart, and added some cordage so that if i drop it, the release is still attached to my wrist.

Just buy two, one in your pack and one in your pocket. My release is like my pocket knife when hunting. It’s always there.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
                        Just buy two, one in your pack and one in your pocket. My release is like my pocket knife when hunting. It’s always there.
                        I'm too dang cheap for that. Ha. I literally just made a stabilizer from home depot to see if it is just as good at 30 bucks as the150 dollar ones. So far so good. Groups are better, thats what matters!

Comment

That's why i ask, I don't know what's in your head!

I dropped mine from the tripod once, so I made a holder for it. I'll post the picture in a minute.

As far as the click, I have never heard of anyone missing a shot due to the click; it is loud for you, but it's right by your ear. I guess it's possible, but the pros far outweigh the cons.

Comment

Here is my kydex holster for my release, but your lanyard solution does the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rat View Post
                              Here is my kydex holster for my release, but your lanyard solution does the same thing...

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
                              Klassy Rat! I like. Make it yourself?

Comment

Working...
                              X