Thompson Temples Valentines Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thompson Temples Valentines Day

Not really looking for any reviews here as I have already read quite a few with the search function and noticed a couple of things.
    A: alot of TBHers have been there
    B: opinions seem to be very polorized, seems like people either love it or hate it.

as far as the negatives about the place go, they dont seem like anything that will bother me to much. I have slept in some pretty bad places so it shouldnt be anything enough beer and whiskey cant fix. as far as the "hunting" goes I have to hunt hard for most of the other game I kill so this will be a nice change of pace and a good way to spend some time with my fiance and some other good friends that are going in our group (2 of which have been before and originally suggested the place to me)

So. All that being said, we are going Valentines weekend and I just wanted to see if anyone else on here is going that weekend. Also, any tips or anything to expect that may not be covered on other TT threads?

Thank You in advance

I can say this, the hunt is what you make it. Yeah there are some that right in camp or you can take off walking the hills and find some pretty wild Rams.
    Only tip I would say is stay in the motel in town if your fiancé is with you

Comment

I have the first weekend in April scheduled for our group. I have hunted there for several years now and have shot some nice animals. I hunt with a group that has hunted with Thompson since he opened his place. We are always treated well when we go. One thing, I noticed that you are taken your fiance and other friends. Ask Thompson if you can have the trailer house. It is the better of the two camps.The bathroom area is much better than the first camp by the skinning rack. Also, if you stay in the trailer you are right at the small pasture where you can sit and view the animals while they are eating. That way you can get their ear tag number before you ever go in the pen. It makes it easier to identify the Ram that you are wanting to harvest.
      Another thing, you can also hunt the large pasture which has some great animals in it but it is hard work. Good Luck.....

Comment

Thanks guys, Thompson told us and the other couple we would be staying in the trailer so the girls could have a private room. The hotel is out for us as my future Mrs.and I both really enjoy sitting around a campfire with some good adult beverages

Comment

Great....you will enjoy yourself, I promise!!!

Sitting by the campfire looking at all the stars, telling stories and drinking a cold beverage is always relaxing.

Good Luck!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
            Thanks guys, Thompson told us and the other couple we would be staying in the trailer so the girls could have a private room. The hotel is out for us as my future Mrs.and I both really enjoy sitting around a campfire with some good adult beverages

Sounds like you have a keeper. Hunting on Valentines Day AND drinking around a fire!

Yall have fun!

Comment

Hey Clint, what is the date for the trip this year? Chad said something about it being Easter weekend?

Comment

Have fun!!

Comment

You've got an open mind. You'll have a great time!

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                    Hey Clint, what is the date for the trip this year? Chad said something about it being Easter weekend?
                    I believe Larry moved it to April 3-5, 2015, it was moved up one week from the original date.

I say Larry, I think Thompson had something that he couldn't change.

Comment

Originally posted by Avezorak View Post
                      Sounds like you have a keeper. Hunting on Valentines Day AND drinking around a fire!

Yall have fun!
                      Gotta say Im pretty lucky, matter of fact the deer lease is where we met and where we got engaged

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                        I believe Larry moved it to April 3-5, 2015, it was moved up one week from the original date.

I say Larry, I think Thompson had something that he couldn't change.
                        Ok, so that is easter weekend? Doubt ill be able to leave town that weekend. Keep me in mind if anything changes.

Comment

Just found out that he is officially full the weekend we will be there, (Valentines weekend) are any TBHers going to be there then?

Comment

Originally posted by jhuddleston View Post
                            Ok, so that is easter weekend? Doubt ill be able to leave town that weekend. Keep me in mind if anything changes.
                            Ok....I will.

Sorry it took me so long to get back to you.

Comment

bump

one month out now and cant freakin wait. Any TBHers going to be there. Valentines weekend?

Comment

Working...
                              X