Drop away fix!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Drop away fix!!

One bad thing about dropaways is the pull cord. This is not the first bow I have done this with. It happened to my dads bow, from shooting very often and I had to fix the problem. I hate it when they fray. It makes the confidence just bad enough to really rub me raw. So, all I had was the dloop cord and it is way tougher then the crap that comes with the Ripcord code red. With a little bit of drilling out the small center piece to fit the cord better and a lot of f bombs, I was able to get it installed correctly. The durabillity of this string compared to the cord material is so much stronger. I wonder what dettered them from using this stuff in the first place? Well I finished up my project and went outside and shot my bow and was so relieved it is still dead on target. I hate equipment mishaps right before the most important time of year. Has anyone else done this? It is still holding strong on the z7 my dad is using. Just wanted an opinion. Thanks GS>
    Last edited by wlfhound27; 09-15-2012, 10:41 AM.

ttt

Comment

Never done it but I know a permanent solution. QAD hdx...

Comment

Been shootin fall aways since they got popular. Never had an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by SabineRR View Post
          Never done it but I know a permanent solution. QAD hdx...
          Well. I Disagree but atleast you didnt say whisker b so im gonna revert and agree this one time!!! Lol

Comment

Originally posted by Ragin' View Post
            Well. I Disagree but atleast you didnt say whisker b so im gonna revert and agree this one time!!! Lol
            Lol you never can go wrong with a WB but I just can't stand the rip cords. Gotta love the lock up feature on the QAD's!

Comment

Originally posted by SabineRR View Post
              Lol you never can go wrong with a WB but I just can't stand the rip cords. Gotta love the lock up feature on the QAD's!
              Till it gets out of time.

Dont screw up n shoot a Limb Driver Pro V. I did not like the old Limb Driver's launchers. That Pro V is da bomb!

Comment

What's the difference in the Pro V, Ragin. I'm shooting the original and as long as my bow stays in tune it's fine. Tinkering with it when trying to tune is a PITA.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky T View Post
                  What's the difference in the Pro V, Ragin. I'm shooting the original and as long as my bow stays in tune it's fine. Tinkering with it when trying to tune is a PITA.
                  Night n day. Diffefent launcher and full containment. Gimma sec i post a link. I bought Genevieve one with a pink launcher arm.

Watch the video's

Last edited by JW; 09-15-2012, 09:15 PM.

Comment

Yall really never have the cord fray? Maybe I shouldnt use the thumb assist. Its a great rest.

Comment

Originally posted by wlfhound27 View Post
                      Yall really never have the cord fray? Maybe I shouldnt use the thumb assist. Its a great rest.
                      Nope never.

Comment

Till it gets out of time.

Dont screw up n shoot a Limb Driver Pro V. I did not like the old Limb Driver's launchers. That Pro V is da bomb!
                        Im a huge wb fan, BUT IF i was gonna shoot a drop away, it would be the limb driver pro v or tt smackdown fc. Ive shot alot of different rest, and for ME, I prefer wb. It is not my fault rest of u are wrong

Comment

The vapor trail video was interesting.

Comment

Thanks, Ragin. Will definitely look into the Pro V. I like it.

Comment

Night n day. Diffefent launcher and full containment. Gimma sec i post a link. I bought Genevieve one with a pink launcher arm.

Watch the video's

http://vaportrailarchery.com/arrow-rests/#more-5

Does it only elevate the arrow shaft on the draw? Or will it set when the bow isn't drawn?

Did that make any sense? Not sure if I got the wording right...

Comment

Working...
                              X