Best Camcorder - $600 limit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Best Camcorder - $600 limit

What's the best camcorder I can get for under $600.00? It will be for family functions and occasionally filming a hunt?
    Appreciate the info!

Panasonic PV-GS300 come to mind pretty quickly but you may be able to step up to the 500.

Reviews and pricing can be found here.

Comment

You can also look at CamcorderInfo.com or B&H Photo

The GS 300 would be a good choice.

Comment

Peyton is it a pretty good idea to go with the kits on B&H? What is needed and what is not? Thanks

Comment

The kits on B&H include a tripod, xtra battery, lens filter, case, and additonal warranty. You will need all of these accesories, but you can get better quality ones for a little more. It's your choice whether to get the kit or get all these things seperately.

The GS300 is a great low price 3CCD camera, but you only get a 10x optical lens. There are other cams with a better zoom that are very close in image quality. Look around on Camcorder info or B&H and compare a few before you make your choice. I'm at the ranch and on 21.4 dialup or I would look for you. Check out the Canons, JVC, Sony's, and Panasonics.

Comment

Thanks to all for the info!

Comment

I have a JVC D370 and love it. You cant beat the 32X optical zoom!

Comment

Working...
              X