New Bow- PSE DNA sp, Prime Alloy, Hoyt Faktor, or Energy 32

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New Bow- PSE DNA sp, Prime Alloy, Hoyt Faktor, or Energy 32

I will be heading to one of my local archery shops to purchase a new bow. I am interested in these models. I primarily hunt. Has anyone else had the chance to compare the different models and what are your thoughts on each?

PSE DNA SP
    Hoyt Factor 30
    Prime Alloy
    Elite Energy 32

The Factor 34 and Energy 34 are also possibilities.

Thanks

They are all going to shoot different for everyone but I shot all of these so far:

-PSE DNA: probably the smoothest speed bow and locks in at full draw, super quiet at the release. If you like the draw cycle, you can't beat the performance and lack of sound at the shot, excellent grip and to me, the best grip of all the bow manufacturers. Its skinny and torque free.

-Hoyt Faktor: IMO, the smoothest cam in 2014 (but I haven't shot the 2014 Bowtechs, however they are speed bows and will have a different cycle). This cam is fast, smooth as butter and the Faktor is quiet, light and dead in the hands. The grip feels good but it can be taken off and shot with side plates, like a Bowtech.

-Prime Alloy: good draw cycle, best "at the shot" feel of any bow I've ever shot, period. There's no vibe and it ties with the Elite for the best back wall in the business. It's like hitting a brick wall, just awesome.

-Elite Energy 32: great bow....smooth draw, back wall is unbelievable, feels great at the shot and is QUIET....I don't like the grip personally but that's just me. These are excellent bows with an unbeatable warranty. The preach "shootability" and IMO, they deliver on that promise....if I was wanting to get someone into archery and hand them a bow I knew they were going to like, it would be an Elite, no doubt.

I went back to Hoyt after going through Bear, Mathews and Bowtech. I chose the Carbon Spyder Turbo, can't wait to get it in my hands and get some range time with it.

Comment

I shot them ALL at the ATA Show last week.

I would buy one of 2 bows after shooting 28-29"/60 bows in pretty much every high end bow made. Carbon Spyder 34 or Energy 35. CS34 is deader at the shot and E35 draws better IMO. CS34 is much nice than the Faktor 34 to me. What makes the CS34 great is the lack of vibe and the Faktor feels like any other bow at the shot. E35 does everything really really well and is the best Elite ever made.

Go in with an open mind and shoot everything!!!! My best could be your worst and vice versa.

Comment

I havent shot the new E32 yet but I have a '13 hunter....love the elite bows. The only other experience I have is with hoyt...also great bows. Prefer the draw cycle and backwall of the Elites. As well as a really good warranty. The Faktor 30 and Spyder 30 are bacically the same bow. You arent going to notice any differnce. If I were to go that route I would save money and get a leftover new 13 Spyder for less money. Thats what I did with my elite hunter. Bought a new leftover for 200-250$ less than the E32 would've cost and it's a sweet bow. All of the bows you named are probably great. Just find what you shoot the best

Comment

Working...
        X