Shooting Curve balls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shooting Curve balls

Went to Double G yesterday to get my bow papertuned and got it done but had to move the rest way out. Had to extend my sight to get it far enuff out and drilling tacks at 20 now. Backed out to 30 and it looks like I'm throwing a curve ball. What to do now? Move it back and slice paper or let my arrows curve on in?

could be alot of things....you getting any fletching contact? torquing the bow at all?....

Comment

Fletching contact? I would take it back up there and see what the bowtechs paper tune looks like. Not that you dont know what your doing, but it sounds like trigger squeeze torque or fletching contacting the rest.

Comment

Is it one arrow in particular that curves or is it all of them? Sometimes I can get one arrow that causes me problems and I have to cull that one out of the bunch.

Comment

Start over... If it doesnt look right its not. Trust your instincts. Eyeball everything and relevel and start shooting through paper...

Comment

So I have let several guys look at it and all are amazed that I can hit anything. But it's drilling tacks. Its prob 10 degrees off the norm and doesn't make since. Can u paper tune one at two diff degrees? Or is it truly an arrow issue.

Comment

Whas 10 degrees off?

Comment

if you haven't actually changed anything on your bow and your shooting is suddenly off you might unknowingly be changing how you are gripping it. focus on how you are holding the bow and you might correct yourself.

Comment

I have changed my rest and sights. To get it paper tuned and shooting a bullethole, we moved it to the right prob 3/4 of an inch. Shooting bullethole now. Obviously not square with string now. Had to rig my sights to get them far enough out to sight in due to distance that rest is out. Shooting lights out to 30 yds. But looks awkward as all get out. Arrow sits at an angle instead of square in relation to bow

Comment

I fyou are talking about the relation of the nocking point to the rest before you draw the bow leads to several questions/possibilities. Are you using a drop away? If so the angle is exagerated due to the rest not being up, as well some bows tune well with a little nock high for down force on the rest, also need to compare with position when at full draw. May not be as much as it seems.

Comment

Also you can go past perfect bullet and it will come back to hole again. I bet it was a tad too far before moving it more. Very common. Also do a walk back modified tuning 3 and nine yards and see whats going on. Paper tune is just a step. Not a fix all..
                      Holler If I can help/

940/399-9869

Hank

Comment

Working...
                      X