Camera Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camera Help

Anyone have any ideas on a good not very expensive brand of Video camera? Looking for something that is small and will hook up to my computer. Any suggestions?

Like I said before, Canon Elura 100 is a great camera for under $400.

Comment

I use a sony TRV 460. It is still a 8mm camera(digital) but I like that because I can play back my old hi8 Tapes of the kids and digitize them onto the computer. Old hunting footage as well!

It is the second Sony I have owned and they have never let me down. Cost is/was less than 400 bucks and it has a firewire port so it can be plugged straight into computer!

Comment

I got a JVC MiniDV 370 for $289 at Best Buy. It has a 32X Optical too!

Comment

I got the same as Rattler and I like it so far. No sucessful hunts yet but footage looks great.

Comment

I've had 4 or 5 Sonys, they have never failed. Look at good low light (LUX) rating. The lower the better. Also, OPTICAL zoom is what matters. Digital zoom if worthless, the picture gets real grainy with digital zoom. Digital-8 or even Hi-8 is a good format for the reasons Howard mentioned, and the tapes are easy to find.

Comment

Don't forget to look at pawn shops.
              I've seen the digital high 8s for $180 or less.
              As long as it has a USB or Firewire port, you should be good to go!

Comment

try going to Videomaker.com online this months issue and read their article on the 60 best video cameras reviewed.

I highly recommend that all who are interested in video subscribe to this magazine---hard copy. I"ve been shooting professionally for over 20 years and since the inception of this magazine, I"ve recommended it to students, afficianados, professionals, & amateurs for its in depth coverage of video and audio and equipment issues more for the CONSUMER than the professional.
                Their articles make learning easy and also will give you all another avenue of purchasing power besides B&H in NYC.

Comment

Working...
                X