SAM tab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SAM tab

I'm going to buy a Cordovan SAM tab to try out. I will be working on it after my bear hun in May and see if it makes a positive difference for me. At the same time I will be working on a different anchor point to see if I can possibly affect my effective range.
    My question is I measure between the medium and large. They recommend snug fit as the leather finger loops will stretch. I'm inclined to order the medium as I believe they will but will that short me on finger coverage of the tab?

Gary

Bear hunt? Cool. Where?

Comment

Bathurst, New Brunswick, Canada. Too far, too cold and too expensive. It's amazing what Ben can talk you into sitting out by the fire drinking a few beers.

Gary

Comment

Most tabs are cut very long for archers to be able to trim down.

Comment

Originally posted by styksnstryngs View Post
          Most tabs are cut very long for archers to be able to trim down.
          Yeah I'm pretty sure I'll be back asking about that too![emoji1]

Gary

Comment

Bear hunt sounds really neat, Gary!

As far as this glove/tab deal, that's kinda neat too. I'm still happy with my Duraglove. Let me know how you like the SAM thing.

Comment

I'm just looking to put an honest attempt into using a tab. I can't deny that many excellent shooters prefer them. My speed glove works well but in my continuing journey into traditional shooting I'd like to be sure I tap my potential and continue to expand my experience.

Gary

Comment

Originally posted by DRT View Post
                I'm just looking to put an honest attempt into using a tab. I can't deny that many excellent shooters prefer them. My speed glove works well but in my continuing journey into traditional shooting I'd like to be sure I tap my potential and continue to expand my experience.

Gary
                Theoretically, it does sound like the best of both worlds. A tab is a single, smooth piece of leather that should yield a totally smooth release -- no chance of torqueing or anything wrong. And the finger-stall aspect should give confident control over the process. That's what I've never been able to get past. I feel afraid of not having control of arrow and string with fingers tied up in a tab. Just my hang-up, I'm sure.

Comment

I didn't like the way a regular tab felt like it was never in the same place, or I had to work to get it right every time I hook up. So I was hoping this one will stay in place on my fingers better and make an easier transition to it.

Comment

I used to love the SAM (super archery mitt) it is what I started with as well, but one summer I forgot it in the grass after shooting and mowed it over. They weren’t made anymore and I started shooting other tabs, gloves, split, 3 under. Probably not a good thing. I did find another one, but never shot it much for some reason. Now that who is it? Oklahoma archery or leather? Is making them again maybe I should! They are right they do stretch a little like most it loosens up some. You may ask the maker and see what he suggests.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I think I might need a SAM tab. It means it's already got my name on it.

Comment

Working...
                      X