No announcement yet.

Disney for Spring Break-Do’s & Dont’s?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We went one spring break and we got to the park in the morning and closed it.

If I had to do it again, we'd still stay on site but after lunch we'd go back to the hotel to chill. Then after dinner, we'd go back to the park.

We did this a few years later at Universal and it was such a better experience. Kiddos would hit the pool. Wife and I would take a nap. Inlaws would take there break. Everyone got some down time and I really enjoyed that trip over Disney.

Don't get me wrong. I enjoyed the trip to Disney but when we got home, I needed a vacation from my vacation.

Have fun and wear comfortable shoes

Comment

Originally posted by Captain39 View Post
      Flying into Tampa, cause plane tickets were half the price as Orlando; Renting a car and staying in a time share off site. The hotel looks to be pretty close, but there is no shuttle. Thanks for the tips so far. For those who have went? would you try to do a park a day or just do Magic Kingdom and another Park and enjoy Orlando the rest of the time? Flying in the 9th and flying out the 15th.
      You can easily drive to the parks and pay for parking there. Do you have tickets yet? If they are Park Hoppers then you can do one in the morning and one in the evening if that works for you. However, staying off property, I would say do a park a day. Also being off property will exclude you from the Extra Magic Hours in the evenings so keep that in mind.

Two things you must do, see the MK fireworks show one night and then see Fantasmic show at Hollywood Studios another night. Those are must do's for us. Fantasmic is probably the best show at Disney.

3 & 5 are perfect, they will love it. If I were to miss a park at that age, I would say Epcot. However, there are a couple of cool things over there they would enjoy like Turtle Talk with Crush, plus Mom may want to tour the countries and shop, lol. You have to visit MK, HS and AK for sure, there is a lot of good stuff they can see. They will love Toy Story Land at HS for sure. Have a plan each day of we are doing x,y,z and get those done, then just fill in the gaps. When ours were that age, Tom Sawyer Island was a cool deal, Haunted Mansion, the race cars for sure, Jungle Cruise, Pirates ride and the little shows that popped up all over were good stuff. They loved riding the train as well. They would like the monorail too. As they get older and taller, the bigger rides come into play.

Regarding Universal, I think they are way too young unless you just want to go check it out, those rides are mostly bigger and more intense.

Regarding characters, schedule a character meal(buffet) and they will get to see them up close and personal without the lines. Chef Mickeys, Crystal Palace or Tusker House are great options. 1900 Park Faire is more princess related.

Just go and have fun, planned a trip for a coworker and he did a lot of complaining, price, drive, price, weather, price, until he got there and saw the looks on his boys faces, that was priceless. He then admitted he waited too long to take them, should have been going once a year at least. Now they go 2x per year, lol.

Feel free to PM if needed. We've been a couple of times,,,more like 30ish, lol.

Comment

Originally posted by RLB View Post
        Love Wilderness Lodge!!

We use a Disney Planner (it’s free, they get paid through Disney), we just got back, 7 days, all planned out, went to every park, ride every ride and never waited more than 45 minutes for a ride. He’s correct on the app, it’s a HUGE help on seeing wait times. There are secret codes in the times on the app....my wife is trying to remember some of the tricks. I’ll forward them to ya.

I hated and barked about going, but it was pretty dang cool.....the Wilderness Lodge was best part of the trip.

Another tip, go to park early RIDE RIDE RIDE.....go back to hotel mid day and swim or veg.....go back to park for the evening. Crowds are thinner.

^^What he said!! Was there last spring break with it all planned out for us and plenty of fast passes. Go early and hit em all before lines are crazy long. Meal plans are good idea too that we did. Went 3 full days and then had club volleyball tourney nearby. It was plenty of time and we were whipped after 3 days at the parks. Kids loved it. Enjoy!

Comment

Why would you even think about going during spring break?

Comment

Originally posted by mdnabors View Post
            ^^What he said!! Was there last spring break with it all planned out for us and plenty of fast passes. Go early and hit em all before lines are crazy long. Meal plans are good idea too that we did. Went 3 full days and then had club volleyball tourney nearby. It was plenty of time and we were whipped after 3 days at the parks. Kids loved it. Enjoy!
            For the guy (RaginCajin) saying his wife was figuring out where to eat....the meal plan was probably the best investment, hands down. Without the plan, meals were probably 30-40% more expensive. With the plans, you roll in, get your food and go.....highly highly highly recommend. Think of it as an “all inclusive resort”.
            Last edited by RLB; 02-22-2019, 07:51 AM.

Comment

For those concerned about Gay days at Disney, they have changed that to August 13-19, 2019 for this year. I would never consider going in August anyway, lol.

Believe it or not, some of our very best trips were during the first week of June during Gay Week. The park traffic was light for sure, just avoid the days they schedule for the Gay Day per park if you chose to go this year.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike View Post
                For those concerned about Gay days at Disney, they have changed that to August 13-19, 2019 for this year. I would never consider going in August anyway, lol.

Believe it or not, some of our very best trips were during the first week of June during Gay Week. The park traffic was light for sure, just avoid the days they schedule for the Gay Day per park if you chose to go this year.
                Oh thop it!!

Comment

We are going this year during spring break. My daughter will be marching with her school in the parade. If it is like we did 2 years ago, the Florida spring break was a week after what we had at our school. The crowds were not that bad.

Comment

Splurge and have a blast with the kiddo's!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X