No announcement yet.

Pontoon rehab

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

US Composites makes great products. It what I used to build all of my kayaks.

Sent from my E6810 using Tapatalk

Comment

Lookin great!. Been a long time since my last build which was a new, bare 14' alum. boat. Put in floor, CC with controls, TM. Again, Well done!

Comment

Looks good. I would definitely stay away from black on the rails!

Comment

Much happier with this color. Down to small stuff and wiring. Should finish Saturday.
          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Spearchunker View Post
            Much happier with this color. Down to small stuff and wiring. Should finish Saturday.
            Coming together real nice. You planning on coating the bottom side of the new deck boards with anything?

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Heck of a job

Comment

Originally posted by Ohio Darin View Post
                  Coming together real nice. You planning on coating the bottom side of the new deck boards with anything?
                  I decided no. Marine grade plywood will lst 20 year's easily. By then motors will be electric and furniture will need replaced again. It will be someone else's problem by then.

Comment

I decided no. Marine grade plywood will lst 20 year's easily. By then motors will be electric and furniture will need replaced again. It will be someone else's problem by then.
                    Makes sense. Basically spend the extra $ for marine grade to not have to hassle with protecting it. Thanks.

Comment

Im interested in seeing how the light bar works out. I have been wanting to do a led upgrade on my toon also. Its been really hard for me to find a place to mount it. Looking great brother! I love boat builds, its a passion of mine also.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Looks soooo much better!!!!!

Comment

It will never be wet long enough to matter if it is stored on a trailer. Great progress - you are on a mission. Trolling motor in the works too? where do the cables/controls from the console go between there and motor?

Comment

Today was 6 hours of wire work. I was chasing a gremlin...i knew and maybe you do too..on Chinese LED crap red in neg and black is positive. All my new lights are led. I was cheating the existing wires and going to town. Well fuses were blowing and nothing working. I bout lost my mind. I finally decided to chase down all original wires for shorts. Well heck about every 4 feet under the factory wire wrap the factory fused and crimped all ground wires together. Ugh i understand why, had to re work alot of my soldering and heat shrink work. Tomorrow will be a better day...

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
                              It will never be wet long enough to matter if it is stored on a trailer. Great progress - you are on a mission. Trolling motor in the works too? where do the cables/controls from the console go between there and motor?
                              Thanks and yes on trolling motor. Hope to install today, im kinda wore out though. Might take a day off.

Comment

Im done! Just need to mount rod holders, install bimini top, and order new corner guards. Its been a lot of fun and now time to fish. I have 4900 in the redo.
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X