Weekend tuning...flirting with Flemish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Weekend tuning...flirting with Flemish

Feelin good form after six months of random physical calamaties...thought it about time to paper tune and bareshaft paper tune. Dual shelved Sarrels Lynx recurve 58@28. All 250 point heads. All Left handed shots except one.

Been shooting varied shaft lengths and varying insert weight combos on Easton Aftermaths 340 spine...paper tuned pictured 5 arrows in two volleys at top left and right. Left volley first...nock point 7/16”...moved to 5/16 for second volley...all stiff. I point to the bareshaft in paper. Dangit. Gotta change shaft spines.

Beman 400s Centershots, I bareshafted at 15 yds earlier today and a definitive straighterish flyer was prominent. I paper tuned bottom two rows...only three arrows. Two bareshaft (31.5”ish and 30.5”ish) and one 30.5”ish fletched. I shot bottom row first at 5/16” nock, then upper row at 3/8” nock...one each. Then for giggles went one fletched 30.5” shaft shot right handed...where I point.

Feels good to get closer to awesome flight.
    Last edited by Briar Friar; 01-26-2021, 09:16 AM.

Love what you're doing there, Briar! Those 250-grain heads will hit real hard, and should be just about right with that Sarrels 58-lb bow. Not surprised 400 spine works. Close enough now to fine tune by trimming 1/8" at a time to get dart-like flight. Go to Tuffhead's site and look at the info on tuning heavy arrows.

Comment

Originally posted by tradtiger View Post
      Love what you're doing there, Briar! Those 250-grain heads will hit real hard, and should be just about right with that Sarrels 58-lb bow. Not surprised 400 spine works. Close enough now to fine tune by trimming 1/8" at a time to get dart-like flight. Go to Tuffhead's site and look at the info on tuning heavy arrows.
      I will check out the Tuffhead site! Thanks TT.

I was off...the Lynx is actually 54@28. Im prolly pulling 56-57. My Blueridge is 58@28...I get them mixed up. My arrow is around 631 grains.

Comment

Working...
      X