Camcorder gurus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Camcorder gurus

I'm wanting to film my hunts this coming season, and wanted to know if buying a 4K camcorder be worth the extra $$$ for home video?

Thanks in advance

In my opinion. No. Unless you plan on getting into TV level production. Online media does not have the ability to upload 1960x1280 HD. If that is your budget. I would spend money on a great camera but then get Manfroto Tripod and the best editing software you can afford.

Comment

Thanks for the information

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
        In my opinion. No. Unless you plan on getting into TV level production. Online media does not have the ability to upload 1960x1280 HD. If that is your budget. I would spend money on a great camera but then get Manfroto Tripod and the best editing software you can afford.

This is spot on. I would also recommend some sound equipment with some of that saved money. Have had good results with the Rode pro shotgun mic.

Comment

Could someone give me some advice on what tree stand camera mount to purchase?

Comment

Originally posted by Zen Archery View Post
            Agree with this (although YouTube does allow for 4k upload.) 4k is overkill for home movies and web delivery. The biggest advantage even professional filmmakers get (currently) from 4K is the ability to crop and reframe in post. Put more priority into sensor size, low light capability, stabilization (tripods/camera arms) and, as mentioned, audio quality before budgeting for 4K. (There are probably other features or equipment that still hold priority - second B camera like GoPro, for example.)

"Best" camera arm depends on size of your camera. Muddy Outdoors makes a good one, but it's not cheap.
            My Flickr Photos

Comment

Another problem with 4k goes beyond delivery. You'll need a computer and editing package capable of handling the format, and some serious hard drive storage for the file size. It is cumbersome.
              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                Agree with this (although YouTube does allow for 4k upload.) 4k is overkill for home movies and web delivery. The biggest advantage even professional filmmakers get (currently) from 4K is the ability to crop and reframe in post. Put more priority into sensor size, low light capability, stabilization (tripods/camera arms) and, as mentioned, audio quality before budgeting for 4K. (There are probably other features or equipment that still hold priority - second B camera like GoPro, for example.)

"Best" camera arm depends on size of your camera. Muddy Outdoors makes a good one, but it's not cheap.
                Thanks for the responses, does anyone else have inputs on camcorder mounts?

Comment

Working...
                X