Coming to the dark side and need help please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Coming to the dark side and need help please

Without going into too much detail, I've been a trad archer for many years and today purchased a used compound bow. I need a little help setting it up. Here's what I know;

Bow is a Parker Phoenix 34

My draw length is 28"

Arrow length; measured arrow from string to front of rest it is 26" so thinking I need a 27" arrow?

Bow is set at 65lbs

What size arrows do I need?

With out looking at the charts. I'm saying you can do fine with a 400 spine with that set up. But this leaves no growing room. Like turning bow up or shooting heavier tips. I would look at a 350 spine. This will give some room to grow. Contact muddyfuzzy on here. He can get you fixed up

Comment

Just take it to shop! They will get u hooked up and you won't put one in your hand!

Comment

Contact Muddyfuzzy on here. He can get you set with what you need. He knows his businees probably better than a lot of shops.

Comment

Originally posted by Jayt22 View Post
          Just take it to shop! They will get u hooked up and you won't put one in your hand!
          No shop in my area.

Comment

I'm going to agree with enewman need a 340 or 350 at least

Comment

In shooting a Mission Ballistic at 28.5 DL and 27.5 CarbonExpress Maximas with a 340 spine and they have been very accurate. Not cheap if you get too accurate and start splitting arrows though lol

Comment

Originally posted by Jayt22 View Post
                Why would he put one in his hand.

An underspined arrow. Even a very underspined arrow. If it's not cracked or broke. Will not break being shot.

Arrows do not flex as much as you would think. If they did they would not clear the sight. Gold tip arrows will flex around 20 to 22 inches before they break.

UnderSpine arrows just will not group with fixed heads. Well as good. But. They will not break.

Comment

i wouldn't say Dark Side just yet, more of a greyish side. Now with that being said we can fix that if you wanna take my Barnett Crossbow out for a weekend?!?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by ThePap View Post
                    i wouldn't say Dark Side just yet, more of a greyish side. Now with that being said we can fix that if you wanna take my Barnett Crossbow out for a weekend?!?!?!
                    Haha, thanks but I already have one!

Comment

Originally posted by Bowyer View Post
                      Haha, thanks but I already have one!
                      Welcome to the dark side!

Comment

Working...
                      X