No announcement yet.

Solid broadheads

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think they are a good head and I have no complaints. I took them on a grizzly hunt and a brown bear hunt so I trust them. That being said, I didn't have a bunch of deep six options. I debated between what I took and some Easton axis arrows with silver flames up front. I think for less money there are other great fixed blades for whitetail and hogs. I would look at Magnus stingers or slick trick viper tricks if you want coc. I like slick trick magnums and qad exodus if you want more of a chopper for whitetails and pigs.

Comment

Solid broadheads

Doc may snagged the ones I had.
      Last edited by JTeLarkin08; 09-14-2015, 09:30 PM.

Comment

I have 8 kills on hogs with just one. It's still sharp as can be. They hold up great and fly great.

Comment

Originally posted by Bowtechshooter View Post
          STAY AWAY! My boss went on an african safari with them about 2-3 weeks ago to shoot a cape buffalo. He is shooting an 80 lbs energy 32 with a 500 grain arrow. The broadhead hit the first rib and broke in half. That is 12 grand he just watched walk off with no deathly wound. He went back top the camp and got his german kinetics, stalked it for 8 hours, and shot it again. The day he got back he called the rep and now there is a recall for them because his was not the first case.
          Uh oh this is making me think they actually did go back to making them out of 440C stainless steel instead of the SV30 they originally came out with. I'll remain shooting my original German Kinetics until I can't find them anymore.

Comment

Per solid as of March they are using s30v

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
              Anyone got entrance exit pics? How is the blood trail?
              Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1442318763306.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	120.8 KB
ID:	24404128Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1442318819387.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	44.6 KB
ID:	24404129

Not the best pic, but its all I got. Blood trail was good fpr the 40 yards it went. Shot was at 40 yards and went through the front shoulder as you can see from pic.

All but 3" off the arrow went completely through, but the broadhead dug in the ground on the exit because the buck was laying down and so the last bit of the arrow broke off inside the buck when he took off.
              Last edited by BURTONboy; 09-15-2015, 06:16 AM.

Comment

Thanks for the info

Comment

Shoot the 175s and love them for sure

Comment

Anybody else got anything good or bad to say about these heads. I'm thinking of picking some up. Just trying to decide between these or the silver flames xl. Compared to the silver flames, how to they stack up? I'm liking the solids a little more, cz they have the bleeder blades.

Comment

Good luck getting a hold of silver flames in a timely manner

Comment

I'm not in a hurry for them. Just wanted to try them out. I have plenty of other heads to use in the meantime.

Comment

any new reviews?!

Comment

Working...
                          X