Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ever found anything hidden in the woods?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stolen 18 wheeler on a lease.

Comment

Found a broken fishing rod with a nice Shimano spinning reel on it. Had to laugh.
      Also ran across an old moonshine shack I had heard was on a creek and it had some old lanterns and such in it.

Comment

Me and another fella found a meth lab on some land we used to hunt. They had broken into the cabin, had a fire burning in the outdoor fire pit. Left a 22 magnum on the front porch. Turns out they had gone to town to buy the cooking supplies. Unfortunately for them, the cops arrived just after they returned and the poor souls were immediately arrested. We had confiscated the rifle and turned it over to the police. I kept one of the bullets out of the gun for a souvenir.

Comment

Once when I was a kid we took a family vacation to Wisconsin with another family. We were staying in a lakeside cabin, and mybrother and I were kicking around in the woods and uncovered about 100 pill bottles filled with every color pill you could imagine. Our parents took them and never really told us what kind of pills they were, but just flushed them all down the toilet.

Comment

Originally posted by Throwin' Darts View Post
            me and TxAg found an old well. We shined a light down to the bottom and about 25 feet down we saw a pig had fallen in there and there was a snake sitting on top of the pig. Craziest thing.

[ATTACH]932632[/ATTACH]

A little girl in a nightgown didn’t crawl out of there and kill you? I would’ve run at first sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by txpitdog View Post
              A little girl in a nightgown didn’t crawl out of there and kill you? I would’ve run at first sight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              That's exactly what we were thinking when we saw it.

We've had many talks around the campfire about "would you spend in the night in the well for _________?"

Comment

A few years back we were trailing a pig through some thick brush on a friend's property and came across something that looked man-made. After clearing the leaves we found what looks like a grinding table - a "matate" - cut into a chunk of sandstone. It is about 10"x14" and 6" deep. We have talked about going back and doing some artifact digging but have not gotten around to it.

Click image for larger version

Name:	rock.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	321.0 KB
ID:	24559639

Comment

Hidden tents/camps in wooded urban areas

Comment

There's some cool stuff in here. I don't think I have ever found anything cool like this.

I do have a knack for finding and collecting old Schlitz cans and bottles while hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                      A few years back we were trailing a pig through some thick brush on a friend's property and came across something that looked man-made. After clearing the leaves we found what looks like a grinding table - a "matate" - cut into a chunk of sandstone. It is about 10"x14" and 6" deep. We have talked about going back and doing some artifact digging but have not gotten around to it.

[ATTACH]932743[/ATTACH]
                      that's awesome!! You have to go search nearby and tell us what you find!

Comment

[ATTACH]932743[/ATTACH]
                        That’s very interesting. Hope you find time to go back.

I had oodles of opportunity to dig some potential artifact sites but was working seven days a week on the same properties. The door closed for that unfortunately before I could. Had planned on at least digging what appeared to be an Indian campsite along a creek. Didn’t have a mechanized sifter. Due to lack of time and tools, was going to use a front end loader and a manual, wooden sifter.

Comment

Hunted with a friend in Sandersonryden area. We climbed on top of a big hill. On top of the hill there was a large rock and on top of the rock there was a large copper looking medallion hammered into it. Looked like a large version of the back end of a shotgun shell. On the medallion it read "Mexico Territory" It was very cool!

Comment

Not exactly hidden, but there is a gentleman supposedly buried up where we camped to elk hunt in Unit 751 in CO. It is right on the border of Unit 76 and 751 in the Weminuche Wilderness just north of Snowslide Canyon and south of the Rio Grande Reservoir. It is out in the open on the side of a mountain and marked with a wooden cross. Here-say is he died of a heart attack at that spot and was buried there.

Comment

[ATTACH]932743[/ATTACH]
                              This right here is pretty awesome! You gotta go back!

Comment

Found an old abandoned meth sight on some property I had permission to hunt in East Texas. It had been abandoned for several months or longer but still had a tent standing and canned food and supplies all around.

I put my cousin up in a climber along a skidder road before dark and when the sun came up he could see the top of the tent. He was a little shook until I got there and we went to investigate.

Comment

Working...
                                X