Laguna Atascosa NWR 2022-23

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by saggybows12 View Post
    I was asking more so just to inform I May walk by it to get to the other side. But doesn’t matter this morning anyways. Chicken pad Thai Mountain House has been coming up since 11 last night.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I wouldn’t hesitate to walk by it as long as doing it at reasonable times. If someone sets up directly on a road way, the should be 100% prepared to have people walking by at any time.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Ace View Post
      If it’s where they want to hunt what’s the matter?
      For me it is a matter of safety. Shooting down a road with a rifle where people normally travel is just flat out dangerous.

Comment

Moved to a new spot for this afternoon hunt. This morning was incredibly slow, saw one group of does in the distance and that was all.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

That should change soon. Good luck

Comment

Just cause it's hot doesn't mean they aren't out they. They did come from India where it is hot and humid.

I saw more animals moving when it was hot and windy than I did in the cooler parts of the hunt.

Comment

My brother missed a bull this am. I just spooked a big blue bull on the way in. 15 yards. Bow was on the pack. We’re in them.

Comment

is this a gun or bow hunt? ...never mind, I looked it up.
                Last edited by Huntindad; 11-11-2022, 04:17 PM.

Comment

If it’s where they want to hunt what’s the matter?
                  My bad, i thought it was a rifle hunt.

Comment

My brother missed a bull this am. I just spooked a big blue bull on the way in. 15 yards. Bow was on the pack. We’re in them.
                    That will get the blood pumping for sure!

Comment

Originally posted by tward1604 View Post
                      Just cause it's hot doesn't mean they aren't out they. They did come from India where it is hot and humid.

I saw more animals moving when it was hot and windy than I did in the cooler parts of the hunt.

Right about that

Comment

Anyone ever lock their bike up at the park overnight? Just a thought I had since I'm staying at a hotel and don't want to wheel that thing into the room at night.

Comment

Awesome, send some bulls my way!
                          I had 6 cows I couldn’t make a move on in the open flatland. 5 whitetail doe and one nubbin buck. Had a couple of shots at doe but I really don’t want to work that hard for a doe yet.

Also had a run in with one monster of a rattlesnake cutting close to 6’

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Another arrow was flung at last light by my brother at a bull. Another near miss. I had an opportunity at a bull at 10 yards but couldn’t find him in the peep. Lots of movement late. We have them patterned but that will change with this weather coming in. I stalked up on a sleeping pig this morning. I was way too far in to want to pack her out. Good luck to all in the morning. It’s just a matter of time for our group. Everyone is on animals.

Comment

Dang, you guys are in a great spot. as the week goes on, more and more folks give up. Less folks to wander in your areas.

Comment

I'm sure this has been asked before, but what is your preferred broad head to use here at Luguna?

Comment

Working...
                                X