Laguna Atascosa NWR 2023-24

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ppeeks59 View Post
    I hope to draw a gun tag. My foot goes under the knife to fix a fully torn ligament in two weeks and it will be in a boot for 6-8 weeks after that. I don't know that I'll be up to the rigors of bow hunting this season.

Ride a bike out and setup then recruit buddies to help pack out.
    That's what I did, but then my buddy shot 1 too! From the same spot I was in.

Comment

I’m in for sure. Was at full draw on a doe and some nilgai last year but no arrows flew.

Comment

Putting in for both bow and rifle this year. Went out and got a bow so I could increase my draw odds.

Comment

Originally posted by TN_boy View Post
          Ride a bike out and setup then recruit buddies to help pack out.
          That's what I did, but then my buddy shot 1 too! From the same spot I was in.
          I wish. Doc says 4-6 months until I'm "good to go hard" again. I'm not depressed -- it just sucks -- but it has to get fixed or else my foot's done its last hard LANWR bow hunt, and THAT AIN'T THE CASE.

Comment

Well, I'm glad my foot got fixed and it healed so fast. My Colorado firefighter son and I drew tags for the Nov 10-14 hunt. Very excited to hunt with him.

Comment

There's an 11/10 thread going. There's a LOT of TBHers for those dates.

Comment

I figured I'd bump this post for all remaining LANWR hunts. Unfortunately, I wont be bow hunting there this year, but did draw the Exotic - Rifle hunt in January. Anyone here on that hunt?

Comment

I’ll be there in the January general deer hunt and definitely be looking for nilgai as well.

Comment

Buddy and I will be there for Jan archery deer, but Nilgai will be drawing all our attention.

Comment

Will be there for 12/14 Archery hunt. Lookin forward to it!

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                        There's an 11/10 thread going. There's a LOT of TBHers for those dates.
                        I was there. For all intents and purposes, That hunt was a BUST. Rained the whole time. Lady in unit 1 had a lot of action though. Good for her. I hunkered down in a pop up to stay dry.

good luck on your hunt.

Comment

I'll be at LA-NWR for archery hunt from 1/5 - 1/9. Is anyone here going for archery hunt on those dates?

Comment

Originally posted by Nostradamus View Post
                            I'll be at LA-NWR for archery hunt from 1/5 - 1/9. Is anyone here going for archery hunt on those dates?
                            I'll be back down there for the Jan 5th Hunt. Excited to be headed back down there again. Got my first archery bull at the end of the last day back in '21. Then Didn't draw a tag in '22 so I've been suffering withdrawals! It can't get here soon enough!

Comment

Working...
                            X