Where to hunt this weekend?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where to hunt this weekend?

I have a decision to make... Big Lake Bottom on a draw i won with a bow or DCNF with a rifle. I would be content with either. I will be on foot, camping at either. I heard navigating BLB on foot can be difficult. What would yall do?

You can go to DCNF anytime during the season and buck hunt. But you may or may not get drawn again, for BLB.

Edit: I'm guessing BLB is a draw?
    Last edited by Texas Grown; 11-27-2022, 12:52 PM.

Comment

I had a blast hunting BLB this year. Saw a lot of bucks but no shots on the shooter bucks. I did have a UTV that I used to go about three miles into the WMA.

Comment

Thanks fellas. Katch66, how navigable was it by foot? Any drier given the drought this year?

Comment

I shot a spike last year with a bow at BLB on foot. I brought a cart to transport the spike back to camp, not much effort!. Just hunt 100 yards or so from the road away from the other "walk-ins"

Comment

Originally posted by ctom87 View Post
            Thanks fellas. Katch66, how navigable was it by foot? Any drier given the drought this year?
            Oh it's navigable. Depends on how far you want to walk. I imagine I drove by a lot of good areas going in a few miles.

Comment

Always do the draw hunt because you never know when you'll get to again!

Comment

Yep. Sticking with my gut and staying with BLB

Comment

I drew BLB this year and absolutely loved it. Got really close on several mature bucks. If you can borrow some kind of ATV, do it. It will make your experience 10x better and increase your odds. Heck, take a mountain bike if you have one. Shoot me a pm if you want some advice on spots.

Comment

Pm Sent. Thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by alishakihn
                      Both options are not bad bro.
                      [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-N9600 using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                      X