Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wyoming draft regs with quotas

Draft quotas are out.
    Meeting have started, we have our local one next week.
    Might be some tweaks but pretty close to what will be.

I see some easier cow elk tags to fill and cuts to deer and pronghorn but not all over.

The quota numbers reflect total number of licenses offered for those areas. Residents get 80% and NRs 20%. R's draw 1st and our non drawn tags roll into NR draw so more quota is actually available to NRs in 1st draw.

The Department welcomes comments regarding proposed changes to regulations.  Questions about proposed regulation changes should be directed to Department Regional Offices.  No individual Department response will be generated from questions submitted through this commenting forum.   To ensure the Commission receives your comment before their scheduled meeting, select the correct link below for the regulation that is open for comment.  NOTE: The online commenting system has an 8,000-character limit.  

Thanks! Good news on the cow elk hunts. That’s part of my plan for this fall.

Comment

thanks for the link! looks like they slashed numbers on a bunch of antelope units again

Comment

Winter has been brutal in some areas on antelope, some areas are ok though.
        Deer have also been hit hard in spots and some folks want further cuts in those tags. Meetings across the state going on now and coming up, things may change a bit.

Might be some reduced price cow tags in the leftover draw in June.

Comment

Does one have to have been in the original draw to participate in the leftover draw?

Comment

No sir, leftover draw is open to everyone. Right now all go in one pool for each species, Residents and NRs. All tags are available to anyone.

There is a push to get residents 1st chance at leftovers but it has not passed yet I don't think.
            Might be some cow elk tags in there I'm thinking.

Comment

Wow they added 100 tags in the unit I applied for reduced cow tags. That would mean pretty good odds we draw, but also means 100 more hunters running around in there if we draw.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                Wow they added 100 tags in the unit I applied for reduced cow tags. That would mean pretty good odds we draw, but also means 100 more hunters running around in there if we draw.
                I think we might of applied to the same unit.

Comment

Originally posted by HuntorFish View Post
                  I think we might of applied to the same unit.
                  High-five we're huntin' buddies now!!!

I've also read on RS this area has been quite the circus after the fires the last few years so with 100 additional tags running around out there I'm considering modifying to change our app.

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    High-five we're huntin' buddies now!!!

I've also read on RS this area has been quite the circus after the fires the last few years so with 100 additional tags running around out there I'm considering modifying to change our app.
                    Did they lift a restriction in that area that adds some ground for you?
                    If it's the one I think you will not likely notice those 100 extra cow hunters. Locals will hunt when cows move down, easier to get to, and on weekends.

Comment

Originally posted by wytex View Post
                      Did they lift a restriction in that area that adds some ground for you?
                      If it's the one I think you will not likely notice those 100 extra cow hunters. Locals will hunt when cows move down, easier to get to, and on weekends.
                      With the expanded dates, I believe so if I'm reading and understanding it correctly. It's probably pretty obvious which area it is, kind if an NR magnet but I've done some running around that area and think it would be fun to hunt there. The one I'd switch to is on the border and has roughly 20% odds to draw there. Looks like it has the same lifted restriction and expanded dates but quota remains the same. That area I actually know where the animals are but odds are low to draw.

Comment

Working...
                      X