Reply
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Game Management/Age & Score/Trailcam Pics
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2021, 12:55 PM   #1
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default 2021 Summer Food Plot

What is everyone planting?

I have not done a summer plot in a long time. I did do a dove plot 3 summers ago. I disked the soil, free of weeds, and the seed came up great. It then all died with no rain in the summer.
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
wellingtontx
Pope & Young
 
wellingtontx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Hunt In: Collingsworth County, Texas
Default

Frost seeded some crimson clover to see what we could get to grow.

Also put in some switchgrass - not a food plot - for long term habitat improvement.

Probably going to put out some Egyptian Wheat mid-May once it warms up for screening along the fence to block view of outfitter who leased neighbor's property who decided to put blind 12 inches off the fence - literally.
wellingtontx is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 02:47 PM   #3
txbowman12
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

Going to try my hand at the throw and mow method for the spring. Going out this weekend to e-fence 2 acres (mostly to keep the cows out and deer off it while it is growing) and spray. Then in 2-3 weeks (weather dependent) going to put in a mix of (in order of provalence) Buckwheat, alyce clover, deer vetch, along with smaller amounts of lablab and sunn hemp.

Then this fall will put in cereal rye and clover. Goal of the plot is not to be a hunting plot (outside of the rut possibly), but to hold deer between our two most productive stands
txbowman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 03:21 PM   #4
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbowman12 View Post
Going to try my hand at the throw and mow method for the spring. Going out this weekend to e-fence 2 acres (mostly to keep the cows out and deer off it while it is growing) and spray. Then in 2-3 weeks (weather dependent) going to put in a mix of (in order of provalence) Buckwheat, alyce clover, deer vetch, along with smaller amounts of lablab and sunn hemp.

Then this fall will put in cereal rye and clover. Goal of the plot is not to be a hunting plot (outside of the rut possibly), but to hold deer between our two most productive stands
Curious how this works! Keep us posted.

I plan on doing a mixture of IC Peas, Lablab and one more thing. Just not sure yet.

I have a thick standing winter plot now. I will likely grain drill and then shred my winter plot over it for thatch
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-09-2021, 07:16 PM   #5
lovemylegacy
Pope & Young
 
lovemylegacy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Mauriceville
Hunt In: SETx,La,Il,Ks,Mo
Default

I think Im gonna look into getting some seed from "Green Cover" and see what they have to offer. They have some stuff specifically for bees/pollinators, warm and cold season. Plot mixes, screening, legumes, you name it.

If yall have any experience with them, post them.
lovemylegacy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-14-2021, 02:51 PM   #6
MossyRockRanch
Four Point
 
MossyRockRanch's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: Heath,Tx
Hunt In: Jack County
Default

Brown top millet and sunflowers in Jack County are my go too. Tried a few other things over the last couple years but the hogs mow them down before it gets going. Planting first two weeks of May before a rain.
MossyRockRanch is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-22-2021, 10:22 AM   #7
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Still struggling with what method I want to do.

I have a nice, tall winter plot now and cant decide if I want to spray, grain drill then shred or grain drill then shred the plot real low and keep what I have growing until natural die off?

Is easter weekend too early to plant?
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 07:52 AM   #8
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Natural die off will put you way to far behind. Whatever is in plots now (minus clover if you have it) is way too mature for any use. Now till planting you are just growing thatch.

Plant mid-late April-2nd week of May. Donít over think it. Put down seed and cover it with something. Reduce all competition
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 08:11 AM   #9
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Natural die off will put you way to far behind. Whatever is in plots now (minus clover if you have it) is way too mature for any use. Now till planting you are just growing thatch.

Plant mid-late April-2nd week of May. Donít over think it. Put down seed and cover it with something. Reduce all competition
Yeah I tend to overthink it, in an attempt to make it perfect haha.

If i shred it down, won't it encourage fresh/tender growth for the next 3-4 weeks? I still have action in my plots based on game cameras
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 08:44 AM   #10
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

If you shredded now yes, it’s still growing season on what your shredding. In a month the new seeds should out grow the cereal grains. I prefer to spray personally
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 09:19 AM   #11
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
If you shredded now yes, itís still growing season on what your shredding. In a month the new seeds should out grow the cereal grains. I prefer to spray personally
Yeah spraying isnt bad. But my thoughts were to shred, let the current winter plot keep growing, and then the summer plot will grow and be hidden some by the winter plot.
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 09:39 AM   #12
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Big negative with that is-water. Water will be your weak link in central Tx. Every minute the 2 are competing is future available water for new plants. I want em dead and decomposing at planting
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 10:03 AM   #13
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Big negative with that is-water. Water will be your weak link in central Tx. Every minute the 2 are competing is future available water for new plants. I want em dead and decomposing at planting
Very valid point. Never thought of that.

Corn has been planted around me in the last 2-3 weeks, so I am thinking of planting Easter weekend if I can get it all done in time
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 12:37 PM   #14
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

For 2 acres is this too much seed, if I drill:

50 lbs I/C peas
20 lb Lablab
10 lb Sorghum
30 lbs buckwheat

I am struggling with how much to plant if I plant these 4 seeds.
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-26-2021, 10:41 PM   #15
armadillophil
Ten Point
 
armadillophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Keller
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Picked up 100lbs of sun hemp today and have ordered 300lb of eagle beans. I have a lot of work to get done in next few weeks.
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 03-27-2021, 08:44 AM   #16
bowhuntertx
Ten Point
 
bowhuntertx's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Aledo
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
For 2 acres is this too much seed, if I drill:

50 lbs I/C peas
20 lb Lablab
10 lb Sorghum
30 lbs buckwheat

I am struggling with how much to plant if I plant these 4 seeds.


Call a local seed dealer and they should be able to help you out with the ratio


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
bowhuntertx is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2021, 09:28 PM   #17
armadillophil
Ten Point
 
armadillophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Keller
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Planted 3 acres of soybeans today. Still need to plant 3 acres of sun hemp.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-19-2021, 09:30 PM   #18
armadillophil
Ten Point
 
armadillophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Keller
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

My rye/ clover fall planting is looking good. Will probably mow next week and should have a nice stand of clover on each end of soybeans




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-20-2021, 07:57 AM   #19
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

I planted 5 days ago. I sprayed twice. Then grain drilled once it was all dead. Sucks I killed my plot that was doing very well.

2 acres of lablab, soybeans, sorghum, I/C peas, and peredovik sunflowers. Should be getting pics of it sprouting soon on my Spartan cell camera
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 10:43 AM   #20
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Ready to check my plot tonight.I can't see much on trail camera. Will be exactly 7 days since I grain drilled. It is very dry.

We need some severe storms like they are calling for tomorrow. Fingers crossed
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-22-2021, 02:20 PM   #21
bgleaton
Ten Point
 
bgleaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Menard County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
I planted 5 days ago. I sprayed twice. Then grain drilled once it was all dead. Sucks I killed my plot that was doing very well.

2 acres of lablab, soybeans, sorghum, I/C peas, and peredovik sunflowers. Should be getting pics of it sprouting soon on my Spartan cell camera

What type of grain drill do you have? We are looking at getting one and trying to see what you guys are using. We are tired of disking, broadcasting, and cultipacking. We are hoping a grain drill will help improve our soils over time and reduce the amount of hours we are on the tractor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
bgleaton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 09:14 AM   #22
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgleaton View Post
What type of grain drill do you have? We are looking at getting one and trying to see what you guys are using. We are tired of disking, broadcasting, and cultipacking. We are hoping a grain drill will help improve our soils over time and reduce the amount of hours we are on the tractor.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We rent one from the local co op. $50 each time, its a no brainer as we used 2x a year.

That is all I do now. Spray, grain drill and shred to build up thatch/organic matter
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 12:45 PM   #23
txbowman12
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

Took advantage of the rain this Friday in Fayette county. Broadcast, sprayed, and hit the field with a drag harrow to get good soil contact (drag harrow is really effective when our sandy loam is a little damp). Also put up all three strands of the electric fence, which as you can see is 100% effective....hopefully it will keep the cows out at least.

Now just need that rain on Wednesday to come through!

Bonus pic of my foreman. He's unsure of this whole deer hunting thing, but loves riding in the side by side so he'll allow it for now
Attached Images
   

Last edited by txbowman12; 04-26-2021 at 12:53 PM.
txbowman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 01:37 PM   #24
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Got plots sprayed and crimped today. Iíll probably drill next week. The fall plot was over 6í in places. Should have lots of matter for spring seeds!
Attached Images
   
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 01:38 PM   #25
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbowman12 View Post
Took advantage of the rain this Friday in Fayette county. Broadcast, sprayed, and hit the field with a drag harrow to get good soil contact (drag harrow is really effective when our sandy loam is a little damp). Also put up all three strands of the electric fence, which as you can see is 100% effective....hopefully it will keep the cows out at least.

Now just need that rain on Wednesday to come through!

Bonus pic of my foreman. He's unsure of this whole deer hunting thing, but loves riding in the side by side so he'll allow it for now
You sprayed and broadcast seed within an hour? No worry of seed touching chemical?

Looks like you shredded also? Very good looking spot
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 02:57 PM   #26
txbowman12
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

I'm no expert, and am limited on timing so I didn't have a choice, but roundup is a post emergent, gets absorbed through the leaves and into roots. In theory it shouldn't have an impact. Seems to be backed up by other experiences on other forums.

Didn't shred, just ran the drag harrow through there.

If I get any growth out of a spring food plot that is a bonus. My main goal was prepping the area and getting lime and fertilizer out so that it's ready for the fall. Supposedly going to be a droughty summer, so long odds in any case.

We will know in a couple of weeks if I got good germination!
txbowman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 03:16 PM   #27
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Low Fence View Post
Got plots sprayed and crimped today. Iíll probably drill next week. The fall plot was over 6í in places. Should have lots of matter for spring seeds!
You have some monster turnips like I did.

You sprayed and crimped in same day?
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-26-2021, 07:15 PM   #28
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
You have some monster turnips like I did.

You sprayed and crimped in same day?
At the exact same time. Turbine are all that rolling would kill now anyway. The grains arenít mature enough.
Turnips will die from being snapped and the spray will kill everything else
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2021, 11:11 AM   #29
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Got 3+ inches so far today on the plot, it should explode!
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2021, 11:28 AM   #30
txbowman12
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

Sitting just under 2" of rain based on an LCRA gauge a mile away from my plot. Seeds went in the ground saturday, and based on game cam pics this week I was getting pretty decent burn down of the grass. Keep hitting refresh on the rain gauge and getting nothing done at work

Rare that timing works out this well!
txbowman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2021, 01:44 PM   #31
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

I went a week later and saw nothing and few seeds above ground. Looks like spotty green growth on camera 2 weeks out yesteday.

Got 4.5 inches so far today so it will be exploding soon

VERY HAPPY! GOD IS GOOD
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-30-2021, 02:55 PM   #32
bgleaton
Ten Point
 
bgleaton's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Hunt In: Menard County, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
I went a week later and saw nothing and few seeds above ground. Looks like spotty green growth on camera 2 weeks out yesteday.

Got 4.5 inches so far today so it will be exploding soon

VERY HAPPY! GOD IS GOOD
Keep us posted on how it does.
bgleaton is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2021, 04:17 PM   #33
Mountaineer
Eight Point
 
Mountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: WV,SD, Hunt co
Default 2021 Summer Food Plot

Planted a bag of buckwheat on Monday in a new plot to try and choke out some weeds. Broadcast cowpeas today into the clover/rye/wheat/vetch mix and rolled it down to cover the seed. I was going to spray after knocking it down but it supposed to rain this evening so I plan to spray in the next couple days before germination.







Last edited by Mountaineer; 05-01-2021 at 04:24 PM.
Mountaineer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2021, 06:36 PM   #34
armadillophil
Ten Point
 
armadillophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Keller
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

Where did you get the crimper at?
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-01-2021, 10:00 PM   #35
Mountaineer
Eight Point
 
Mountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: WV,SD, Hunt co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by armadillophil View Post
Where did you get the crimper at?
https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...ht=atv+crimper
Mountaineer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 08:07 AM   #36
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Man I really like that crimper. Does it kill the plot or just lay it over?

I am disappointed with my plot, we got 7 inches of rain so it should explode but my germination rate looks to be 30-40%. We will see after this rain, but looks like alot did not come up
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 09:41 AM   #37
IkemanTX
Ten Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Greater DFW
Default

Iím planting Hancock Seedís Summer Buckshot

Soybean
Iron Clay Cow Peas
WGF Sorghum
Brown Top Millet
Trucker's Favorite White Dent Corn
Sunflowers

I mowed down the fall plot 2 weeks ago and will be planting with minimum tillage later this week. Spray down, spread seed, lightly disk with coulters almost completely straight.

Here was the fall plot when I mowed it down












Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 01:31 PM   #38
Mountaineer
Eight Point
 
Mountaineer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: McKinney
Hunt In: WV,SD, Hunt co
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Man I really like that crimper. Does it kill the plot or just lay it over?

Mostly lays it over. Will kill soft stems like clover and should work good on buckwheat and makes it real easy to spray when it's knocked down since I use a backpack sprayer right now.
Mountaineer is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 03:39 PM   #39
txbowman12
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Man I really like that crimper. Does it kill the plot or just lay it over?

I am disappointed with my plot, we got 7 inches of rain so it should explode but my germination rate looks to be 30-40%. We will see after this rain, but looks like alot did not come up
Might not have been enough moisture to make them germinate before then. You might be looking alright in a few weeks
txbowman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 07:56 PM   #40
armadillophil
Ten Point
 
armadillophil's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Keller
Hunt In: Oklahoma
Default

My plot was under 7 ft of water. Talk about depressing.
armadillophil is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-03-2021, 08:47 PM   #41
yazoomike
Ten Point
 
yazoomike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Wharton
Hunt In: anywhere
Default


Our whitetail clover in Missouri. We reseeded another and worked on clearing another area this past weekend. Come on Sept 15th


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yazoomike is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2021, 08:27 AM   #42
gingib
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Location: Central Tx
Hunt In: NTX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbowman12 View Post
Might not have been enough moisture to make them germinate before then. You might be looking alright in a few weeks
Kinda what I am hoping for. Maybe the best areas or low areas are what sprouted.

I am seeing more and more green each day on my wireless activity. No deer action yet
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2021, 08:47 AM   #43
IkemanTX
Ten Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Greater DFW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingib View Post
Kinda what I am hoping for. Maybe the best areas or low areas are what sprouted.

I am seeing more and more green each day on my wireless activity. No deer action yet

My summer plots last year looked abysmal until probably early july. I planted a 20 species blend last year with 3 days of rain forecasted right after. The forecast fell through and the plot didnít get a drop for almost a month. Thank goodness I didnít just go with large legumes, because the drought tolerant stuff is what saved me. The Sunn hemp, flax, safflower, and okra are about all that germinated. Luckily, they grew enough to make for a good thatch over top of the fall mix.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2021, 11:02 AM   #44
txbowman12
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

How did the deer take to the okra? Was looking at that for my mix, but held off this year.
txbowman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2021, 11:46 AM   #45
IkemanTX
Ten Point
 
IkemanTX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2015
Location: Greater DFW
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by txbowman12 View Post
How did the deer take to the okra? Was looking at that for my mix, but held off this year.

I noticed several okra plants browsed, but my deer density is abysmally low so finding browse on anything is difficult. I planted the okra in the mix primarily for its compaction breaking, deep tap root, and drought tolerance... any browse I got out of it was just extra.
I know of a few people in higher deer density areas who have to fence the okra in their garden to protect it from deer so with enough exposure to it, it will become a frequently hit plant in a plot for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
IkemanTX is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-04-2021, 02:21 PM   #46
txbowman12
Nubbin' Buck
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by IkemanTX View Post
I noticed several okra plants browsed, but my deer density is abysmally low so finding browse on anything is difficult. I planted the okra in the mix primarily for its compaction breaking, deep tap root, and drought tolerance... any browse I got out of it was just extra.
I know of a few people in higher deer density areas who have to fence the okra in their garden to protect it from deer so with enough exposure to it, it will become a frequently hit plant in a plot for sure.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Makes sense. I will add it into the rotation for next year as we are in compaction-prone soil.

Thanks!
txbowman12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2021, 10:06 AM   #47
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Had some time to burn yesterday so I went farming for light! Been 4-5 years since I gave the edges of my plots at the dairy a good pillaging. Iíd estimate if lost 10í-20í around the perimeter depending on side. On any field of any size your outside perimeter makes up the largest amount of acreage the fastest. Iíll guess I increased nearly 1/3 of usable plot. Plus got sunlight into the edge, which will also increase cover and browse. Front end loader and pole saw got it all cleaned up nice!!

Today Iím adding a layer of manure to sprayed and dead plot and hope to drill of time allows
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2021, 10:19 AM   #48
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

3 loads were applied
Attached Images
 
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2021, 12:13 PM   #49
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Nvm. Took me 6 loads!
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 05-06-2021, 12:19 PM   #50
Low Fence
Pope & Young
 
Low Fence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Quitman, Tx.
Default

Manure over turnips and grain thatch. Had I been more prepared I would have just broadcast seed and then applied manure. But drilling will be better anyway
Attached Images
 
Low Fence is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:13 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com