Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Public Hunting Opportunities

Old 02-11-2021, 08:25 PM   #1
txtrkyhunter
Nubbin' Buck

Hunt In: Texas
Default South Dakota Turkey

Hi all. I'll be attempting to complete my public land slam this spring and will be going to (of course) the Black Hills of South Dakota. I've done a bit of research on the area and the general consensus has been that most chase them around Custer and Hill City. However, with so much chatter online about these areas, I feel there will be a bit of pressure in these areas, especially with so many people off work due to Covid.
I'm not a traditional hunter in the sense that I want to kill one as close to the truck as possible, rather I'd prefer to park and walk/bike in a mile or more and be away from 'traffic'. I'll be headed up there around the beginning of May, and will have 2 weeks off work to get it done and will be sleeping in the truck
Question is, would anyone be willing to point me in a good direction, maybe more in the area of Rapid City or Sturgis? Any help or general directions would be appreciated. Thank you.
txtrkyhunter is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 02-17-2021, 07:20 AM   #2
Furnfeathers0
Nubbin' Buck

Man sounds awsome. Hope you get some answers!
Furnfeathers0 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top