Sargent beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sargent beach

Planning on taking a weekend trip down to the coast for some surf fishing in the next few weeks. Looking to get away from the crowds, set up a primitive camp on the beach, and fish for sharks/bull reds. Anyone ever go to Sargent beach? I have some questions like camping conditions? 4x4 needed? Crowds? Beach pass? Bait shop? We are open to other beaches if y’all have a better recommendation. Would just like to keep it within 3 hours of College Station. Any help is greatly appreciated

Camp and fish Mitchell's cut

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by SmTx View Post
      Camp and fish Mitchell's cut

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

This, and be ready for some bulls. You will need 4x4 for Mitchell’s cut.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There’s a few bait camps close by Sargent beach. Normally gotta hit them early for good bait selection. Can’t remember on beach permit. There are concrete picnic tables and I believe fire pits on parts of the beach also.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

You need a beach permit now. It sure what kind of bait you’re looking for but you’ll be better off trying to catch your own bait. Sargent beach isn’t real crowded, but Mitchell’s cut does get very crowded. You will need 4x4. I love Sargent. I live about 15 minutes up the road. One day I’ll live there full time.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
            You need a beach permit now. It sure what kind of bait you’re looking for but you’ll be better off trying to catch your own bait. Sargent beach isn’t real crowded, but Mitchell’s cut does get very crowded. You will need 4x4. I love Sargent. I live about 15 minutes up the road. One day I’ll live there full time.

I was down there last weekend and who the hell paved 457? Were they drunk while they did it? My god man that road is terrible. And any idea what they are doing at the bridge construction wise?

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Thanks for the info fellas. Bait wise looking for sting rays and possibly live shrimp Incase we chase some trout. Anybody drive east down the beach towards cedar lake? I’ve heard about Mitchell’s cut but we’re looking to get away from the crowds and we’re 4x4 challenged. We will be taking a 4x4 truck and our buddies will be meeting us in a 2wd. So really need somewhere 2wd friendly

Comment

Cedar Lakes area would be pretty good. There’s a pretty decent road going back there, but I still like having a 4x4. Not anywhere around here I know you can buy stingrays. You can usually get live shrimp down there.

Comment

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
                  I was down there last weekend and who the hell paved 457? Were they drunk while they did it? My god man that road is terrible. And any idea what they are doing at the bridge construction wise?

Sierracharlie out…
                  They’re building a bridge over the icw and getting rid of the swing bridge.

Comment

Originally posted by panhandlehunter View Post
                    They’re building a bridge over the icw and getting rid of the swing bridge.

No kidding. Did not know that

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Y’all ever fish cedar lakes? I love soaking sting rays for sharks but maybe we’ll get lucky and catch one in the surf. I’m thinking we’ll head towards cedar lakes and just proceed with caution. Try to get down the beach as far we can with 2wd. Any other advice for Sargent?

Comment

surf is loaded with 2-3' sharks right now. last weekend on Matagorda, we couldn't keep them off our hooks with cut mullet just past second sandbar. yesterday some friends of mine were catching a shark on every other croaker looking for trout.

Comment

Thanks for the report, sounds promising! One of the guys going has never been surf fishing so some action like that would have him hooked

Comment

Dang. I want to go. Maybe drive down and pull an all nighter and drive back next night. First time I haven't been to the coast in years. Usually have ten trips or more by now. Adulting is killing me this year!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by pig out View Post
                              Thanks for the report, sounds promising! One of the guys going has never been surf fishing so some action like that would have him hooked
                              ill be heading down there on the 27th with the family if you want to tag along or meet up. I got plenty of big rods and we take a canopy and setup it up for comfort.

Comment

Working...
                              X