2019 LBJ Grassland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bmac View Post
    I bet if you saw 20”+ deer in 2 trips you wouldn’t be saying a thing .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    the place I previously hunted I would literally see 80-100 deer a day or even 1 sit

seeing 20 deer in two sits or scouts isn't that big of deal to me and I could careless about people knowing there is deer in a certain area, im not that stingy hunter like a lot of Texans are...im all for success from whoever it comes from in the outdoors....and they still have to find the deer, I tracked quite a bit until I found a funnel of tracks....so yah ill keep saying ive spotted deer.

Comment

id say the activity is going to spike quite a bit in the next few days with the pre-rut/bachelor groups in play and the weather and cold fronts coming in!!! ill be out there Thursday evening and Friday morning

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
        id say the activity is going to spike quite a bit in the next few days with the pre-rut/bachelor groups in play and the weather and cold fronts coming in!!! ill be out there Thursday evening and Friday morning
        I'll be headed back out Sunday and Monday again! It's all I think about [emoji1787]

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by xZachTheRipper8 View Post
          I'll be headed back out Sunday and Monday again! It's all I think about [emoji1787]

the place has some underrated views, it may not have deer just running everywhere but man I just love coming out there and soaking it in, I like it compared to the same ole same ole, same stands, same annoying doe, and same annoying neighbors....even though I miss that place and enjoyed every second of it I still really like coming out there just for the adventure

Comment

Originally posted by ghostgoblin22 View Post
            the place has some underrated views, it may not have deer just running everywhere but man I just love coming out there and soaking it in, I like it compared to the same ole same ole, same stands, same annoying doe, and same annoying neighbors....even though I miss that place and enjoyed every second of it I still really like coming out there just for the adventure
            Man I used to camp here pretty frequently. I love being up there. There is one area that is super piney and awesome. But now that im hunting it, it opened my eyes to so much more up there

Comment

Yep I agree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I expect they'll be up and moving with the cooler weather. I'm going to Whitney this weekend. I'll hunt LBJ in Nov Dec. I have a spot that saw good afternoon activity with a couple of good shooters late last season. Also, there are no deer on LBJ.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                  I expect they'll be up and moving with the cooler weather. I'm going to Whitney this weekend. I'll hunt LBJ in Nov Dec. I have a spot that saw good afternoon activity with a couple of good shooters late last season. Also, there are no deer on LBJ.
                  Im waiting to here back from whitney so I can start going down there!

Comment

Holy smokes I cant catch a break with shops Haha. I went with a co worker tonight so he could buy a bow from fort grard in weatherford. Randy over at fort grard wanted to look my bow over because he knew about the troubles I had with cinnamon creek and he doesnt like the shop that ended up "fixing" my bow after all. Come to find out it was out of time, my rest wasnt adjusted right, my peep sight wasnt at the right height and also wasnt tied in. It was a cluster! Luckily I had enough time afterwards to sight it back in.

Comment

Zach,

I was shooting at Ft Grard last night. The short, fat old guy. I think you were shooting at the block target first, right?

Randy does a good job and, regardless of what he tells you, he is still uglier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by jnd1959 View Post
                        Zach,

I was shooting at Ft Grard last night. The short, fat old guy. I think you were shooting at the block target first, right?

Randy does a good job and, regardless of what he tells you, he is still uglier than me.
                        I was there about 7ish. I was the tall skinny guy in the freedom powersports shirt and hat. I think my buddy might have been shooting the block target.

Comment

I'll be driving up tomorrow afternoon after a meeting, hope to get my first evening sit in of the year! Hope this cold front has deer on their feet !

Comment

I camped out there last night, hunted Thursday evening and Friday morning...saw a lot of action, I had to leave earlier than expected though due to work.....

Comment

Not a good picture but got a doe down yesterday evening. Was from the same tree I shot my doe out of last year. Got out of work about 2 pm, drove up, setup about 4 pm, deer started moving right at 6 pm. Doe walked past me headed to acorns once but no shot. Came back by at 30 yards. Double lung, ran about 80 yards and took a dive down a deep ravine. It took an act of God to drag her out of there...

I sprained my wrist about 2 months ago and aggravated it again last night trying to haul her up. I camped out last night and planned to hunt this morning but I can hard hold my arm up. Hopefully I can rest it and be back out there next weekend.

The cold front definitely had the deer on their feet. Saw 2 other does out of range, saw lots of deer crossing roads and in bar ditch as I was driving back home this morning.
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by troy_w_7 View Post
                                Not a good picture but got a doe down yesterday evening. Was from the same tree I shot my doe out of last year. Got out of work about 2 pm, drove up, setup about 4 pm, deer started moving right at 6 pm. Doe walked past me headed to acorns once but no shot. Came back by at 30 yards. Double lung, ran about 80 yards and took a dive down a deep ravine. It took an act of God to drag her out of there...

I sprained my wrist about 2 months ago and aggravated it again last night trying to haul her up. I camped out last night and planned to hunt this morning but I can hard hold my arm up. Hopefully I can rest it and be back out there next weekend.

The cold front definitely had the deer on their feet. Saw 2 other does out of range, saw lots of deer crossing roads and in bar ditch as I was driving back home this morning.
                                Congrats bud! I'm headed out tonight after work! Need to get you a deer drag lol I bought one to make life easy!

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                                X