Free underware

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by flywise View Post
    So on the radio ( austin ) they are talking about 4000 kids are getting free back packs and inside those backpacks will be 5 pair of underwear.
    So, we give these " poor " people welfare, housing, phones, food stamps etc.
    And still the tax payers have to provide free underware, tampons, food.

Why dont we just open up giant orphanages and remove these kids from their ****head parents.
    If they cant buy underware for their kids they need to loose those kids and any gov. assistance the adults need to starve in the streets.
    Really? This is the cause you were destined from birth to sabotage? You must be a hoot at parties.

Comment

Wife works in NICU at the hospital... Parents will visit the kids coming in smelling like weed, and only come in long enough to meet the minimum amount of hours to get the hospital's vouchers. They give you money to make your car payment and house payment, or pay for hotels, food, etc. for the months you're away from home as long as you see the kid every so often. But they all have their $1,200 iPhones.

So forgive me for being jaded when you have luxurious material items but beg for money to make a house payment.

Comment

Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post
        Really? This is the cause you were destined from birth to sabotage? You must be a hoot at parties.
        Sabatage....really? Such a ****in joke.

Comment

I'm all for it. This is underwear and school supplies for kids, not something likely the parents are going to sell although most folks receiving it will not meet that stereotype anyway. School supply list can be a couple hundred dollars for mine. That's a lot of money to somebody scraping by. Yes you can say the parents should be able to provide for their kids but if they can't why not help them. I have no problemstelling an adult to work a little overtime if they need more money. This is a different situation though, we're talkin about underwear and school supplies that will help a kid getting an education. We fill backpacks every year and they go to kids that need it. Im all for helping a kid out.

Comment

A pack of underwear is what less than 50 cents a pair. Soap and water is what, a few cents. If these kids are that bad off, food is probably much more important that clothing.

Comment

I know that there are lots of charities that do this type of thing but what I heard kept specifically mentioning AISD was providing the packs and the underware.and also mentioned the free lunch during summer and other stuff..
              If it turns out it is a charitable endeavor I have no problem with that.
              That said our taxing entities love to throw our money out the window by expanding gifts to the poor instead of making the poor accountable for what they already recieve
              Originally posted by TeamAmerica View Post

Comment

Originally posted by SCREAMINREELS View Post
                I'm all for it. This is underwear and school supplies for kids, not something likely the parents are going to sell although most folks receiving it will not meet that stereotype anyway. School supply list can be a couple hundred dollars for mine. That's a lot of money to somebody scraping by. Yes you can say the parents should be able to provide for their kids but if they can't why not help them. I have no problemstelling an adult to work a little overtime if they need more money. This is a different situation though, we're talkin about underwear and school supplies that will help a kid getting an education. We fill backpacks every year and they go to kids that need it. Im all for helping a kid out.
                Winner right here

Comment

I dont care how they get it - Hope the kids get what they need/few things that they want. Good luck to them going forward.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftin View Post
                    Spoiled TN I gotta ask is the “dance studio” she’s in a strip club? Sry I had to ask haha that’s a f***** up situation for sure!!
                    Can we hear more about this? Asking for a friend

Comment

I am never suprised by this site anymore. I would be embarrassed if I was on the side worried about kids recieved free underwear. I am about as conservative as they come but I still have a heart. Original poster either needs listening comp skill or better news source. The underwear were donate free to the kids. Link below.

Comment

I know that there are lots of charities that do this type of thing but what I heard kept specifically mentioning AISD was providing the packs and the underware.and also mentioned the free lunch during summer and other stuff..
                        If it turns out it is a charitable endeavor I have no problem with that.
                        That said our taxing entities love to throw our money out the window by expanding gifts to the poor instead of making the poor accountable for what they already recieve
                        Originally posted by Take Dead Aim View Post
                        I am never suprised by this site anymore. I would be embarrassed if I was on the side worried about kids recieved free underwear. I am about as conservative as they come but I still have a heart. Original poster either needs listening comp skill or better news source. The underwear were donate free to the kids. Link below.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.kxa...-supplies/amp/
                        Again^^^^^^^^ read

Apology accepted

Comment

It took about 5 seconds for me to google the article and get to the bottom of the story. Before I posted a "rant" I would have done a little research and had my facts straight. Might want to find a better source of news or talk radio if they didnt give the full story. All that said I missed the "fine print" and accept your mistake as I have made many in my life. Let's all hug.

Comment

Working...
                          X