Stand and Fill question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Puncher51 View Post
    Nope. If anything it gives you a great time to draw while their head is hidden behind the feeder. When deer know you are there they want to watch you, therefore they won’t hide behind the feeder. Yes it gets in the way sometimes, but not enough to matter.
    This^^^^^

Comment

Originally posted by Hoss163 View Post
      Only thing I can see might happen is shooting a buck with his head under the feeder and him hitting and breaking off some tines on the cage .
      I had this happen on a cull couple yrs ago also. He was in front of the feeder but on the shot he turned toward the feeder and hooked his right side. He drug that loaded 600# feeder a couple inches before it broke half his beam off. Was crazy but now I make sure their head isn't under or near the cage.

Comment

Anyone ever had someone shoot the feeder on a stand and fill? Did they get a full pass through?

Comment

I had the same concern when I first switched to stand and fill feeders. Four years later, I have 4 SNF, and I have not had a single incident where the feeder has cost me a shot opportunity. They can provide a brief moment to draw your bow when a deer passes behind one. The benefits far outweigh any potential issue of not getting a shot.

Comment

This fixes your issue. If they are eating corn they are in your shooting lanes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Krivoman View Post
              This fixes your issue. If they are eating corn they are in your shooting lanes.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
              I’ve been very pleased with mine!

Comment

This is my idea of a stand and fill feeder. I was gonna rebuild one of my platform feeders, but decided to build a second crank-up with dual pulleys to cut the weight back. Next upgrade will be swapping out to worm gear winches.
                Attached Files

Comment

No issue at all

Comment

I wouldn’t have anything else.

Comment

Working...
                    X