Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 12-07-2018, 11:44 AM   #1
Easttxhunterr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Etoile, Tx
Default Velocity 3lb or Geissele 2 stage

finally getting around to a trigger upgrade. Is there any advantage of having a 2 stage over a single? seems to me the dual would seem like a long pull.
Easttxhunterr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 11:50 AM   #2
sectxag06
Ten Point

Hunt In: Eldorado

i absolutely love me Geissele 2 stage. but, i don't a lot of rapid fire shooting.
sectxag06 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 02:12 PM   #3
ultralite09
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Childress, Brady

I'm not an expert by any means but to me personally I feel like 2 stage triggers are mostly used in precision shooting, it's really not all that long of a pull depending on the manufacturer you buy from.

That being said, I dont have a two stage trigger on any of my rifles except for 2 savages with the accu-trigger.

My main AR has the drop in 3.5 flat trigger from POF and I absolutely love it. My "precision" AR has the geissele 2/2 2 stage in it. I love both but of the two I think I like my single stage more
ultralite09 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 02:43 PM   #4
trjones87
Pope & Young

never messed with the 2 stage but i took off my geiselle 3g and replaced it with the velocity. love it
trjones87 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 07:47 PM   #5
Vap
Ten Point

Hunt In: L.A. Alabama

Love my velocity
Vap is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 10:01 PM   #6
RifleBowPistol
Eight Point

Hunt In: Any where I can

I have two Geissele Match triggers, don't remember the model number, Geissele makes a lot of different triggers. I bought two of the same part number adjustable match triggers. They are some very nice triggers. I have one other brand of trigger, don't remember what it is, but it is surprisingly nice trigger.
I have tried most of the CMC triggers, they make two or three nice triggers, one in particular, that I don't remember what it was called was a very nice trigger. There was a guy set up at multiple gun shows that had many CMC demos. One of the ones he had as a **** nice trigger. I have also tried a trigger called The Gold Trigger or something along those lines, it was a very nice trigger.

Last edited by RifleBowPistol; 12-07-2018 at 10:04 PM.
RifleBowPistol is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 10:30 PM   #7
trophy8
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RifleBowPistol View Post
I have two Geissele Match triggers, don't remember the model number, Geissele makes a lot of different triggers. I bought two of the same part number adjustable match triggers. They are some very nice triggers. I have one other brand of trigger, don't remember what it is, but it is surprisingly nice trigger.
I have tried most of the CMC triggers, they make two or three nice triggers, one in particular, that I don't remember what it was called was a very nice trigger. There was a guy set up at multiple gun shows that had many CMC demos. One of the ones he had as a **** nice trigger. I have also tried a trigger called The Gold Trigger or something along those lines, it was a very nice trigger.
Are you trying to see how many times you can say trigger in one post? Lol

Never even heard of velocity. But geiselle is top notch.
trophy8 is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 11:18 PM   #8
dagdog
Six Point

Hunt In: Haskell county

I like and use the Geissele two stage triggers. It helps me by keeping my focus on the shot and my breathing. Also if we get into a bunch of hogs and just start blasting I don’t even notice the two stage pull.
dagdog is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 11:29 PM   #9
Walker
Ten Point

Are these triggers going in an AR platform? The Larue MBT 2 stage is as good as I have felt and 1/2 the price or better.
Walker is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-07-2018, 11:32 PM   #10
Triple 000 Buck
Spike

Checkout Larue MBT Trigger , on sale now thru Xmas for $87.00 great trigger and canít be beat at this price!
I like it better than my Geissele, and for a lot better price too!
Triple 000 Buck is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 01:01 AM   #11
NaClH2O_therapy
Ten Point

Hunt In: Sutton County, Matagorda County
Default Trigger

My thoughts on single stage vs two stage triggers.
If i am building a long range target rifle then two stage is better. You can have super light trigger pull with the added safety of having the pre-travel before then the break at the back wall of first stage.
If I am building a competition style , pig shooting rifle ect... where I want fast shooting easy double-taps ect. I like the single stage trigger.

I've got a velocity 3# trigger in this 18" barrel mid length gas, Frankenstein build I did last year. Love the trigger. Every part down to the pins and springs in this rifle was hand selected and purchased separately.

The price on that 2 stage larue trigger posted above seems like an excellent deal, I will suggest it to may son, he is starting a list to build a 6.5 Creedmoor

Keep your booger hook off the bang switch.
Attached Images

NaClH2O_therapy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-08-2018, 05:55 AM   #12
patwilson
Four Point

Hunt In: Edna

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple 000 Buck View Post
Checkout Larue MBT Trigger , on sale now thru Xmas for $87.00 great trigger and canít be beat at this price!

I like it better than my Geissele, and for a lot better price too!

I put this in our AR and itís very nice. For the price imo I donít think you can beat it.
patwilson is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 12-10-2018, 09:49 AM   #13
Easttxhunterr
Ten Point

Hunt In: Etoile, Tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker View Post
Are these triggers going in an AR platform? The Larue MBT 2 stage is as good as I have felt and 1/2 the price or better.
Yes sir. DPMS Oracle .308
Easttxhunterr is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top