Bah humbug

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bah humbug

We’re at the point in life where we have to many people to buy for at Christmas. I’ve always bought nice gifts for Christmas but now I’m married with 2 kids and it’s just too much. I’m torn. I hate buying people crap they’ll never use and refuse to spend the money to get everyone something good. Gonna have to get creative this year. I think next year I’m gonna push for a secret Santa where we draw names or something. Maybe even a Chinese Christmas or something. Rant over. Merry Christmas everyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Careful. I witnessed a fist fight due to Chinese Christmas once. No alcohol involved either.

Comment

We have a big family so we make jars of salsa, or cookies, or popcorn bags, etc.

You don’t have to spend a bunch of money to give people something from the heart.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
        Careful. I witnessed a fist fight due to Chinese Christmas once. No alcohol involved either.

Lol bet that was one the family won’t forget.

Comment

I feel ya

Comment

We are at the same point. We are going to just buy for the kids in the family and if they want to do a secret Santa then we will participate. Other than that I don’t anticipate taking out a small loan for gifts.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
              We have a big family so we make jars of salsa, or cookies, or popcorn bags, etc.

You don’t have to spend a bunch of money to give people something from the heart.

That’s a pretty good idea [emoji362]

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

I like you’re style! My wife makes me something goofy and simple every year and it’s usually the gift I appreciate the most

Comment

On one side we have two nieces. We get for both of them and they get for both our kids. The other side I have 5 nieces. We drew names on that side this year. We also do white elephant (good gifts) on this side. We end up buying six gifts. Not terrible. Our white elephant is a blast.

Comment

Originally posted by CEO View Post
                    We have been doing a Pre Christmas Chinese party at my BILs house for years. I always seem to make people angry. I have no issues stealing from his nearly dead grandmother if she has the nicest present. I never ever open, I always steal. I try to tell em, don’t hate tha playa, hate the game...for some reason, they don’t understand that Chinese Christmas parties are meant to be ruthless

Comment

Originally posted by brysdad View Post
                      On one side we have two nieces. We get for both of them and they get for both our kids. The other side I have 5 nieces. We drew names on that side this year. We also do white elephant (good gifts) on this side. We end up buying six gifts. Not terrible. Our white elephant is a blast.
                      What do you consider good gifts for white elephant? I’m assuming different than what you buy a spouse or your own children.

Comment

I hear ya, honestly I'm getting to a point where I really dont like the holidays. I get to go spend a bunch of money, and I get to go to two different houses I really dont want to go to. I'm not buying for anyone except my 2 kids as long as they enjoy it I'm good though

Comment

Originally posted by Shinesintx View Post
                          We have been doing a Pre Christmas Chinese party at my BILs house for years. I always seem to make people angry. I have no issues stealing from his nearly dead grandmother if she has the nicest present. I never ever open, I always steal. I try to tell em, don’t hate tha playa, hate the game...for some reason, they don’t understand that Chinese Christmas parties are meant to be ruthless
                          This was over some cheap picture frame. It was my wife's family when we were still dating and she thought I would be gone after seeing that.

We do white elephant on my mom's side. Nobody has a lot of extra income for the most part. I've done a bucket from Lowe's, a new toilet seat, or something weird I find around the house. My cousin did a saved by the Bell dvd, toilet paper, and a box containing a hammer and a bag of expired tortilla chips. We draw names for the kids.

My dad's side is the opposite, everyone can afford anything they want so we just buy for all the kids.

Comment

We come up with a charity CPS (Child protective Services), Angle Tree or something local. Everyone brings new donations that we box up and deliver as a family, (kids, grandkids, Grandparents, uncles/aunts.)

Our Christmas is giving to others.

Comment

I see people waste so much money on themselves on this site. I enjoy buying a bunch of gifts this time of year

Comment

Working...
                              X