Who all has a commuter car?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who all has a commuter car?

Just like the title says, how many of y’all have commuter cars? Are they worth it? I know there is no shortage of big trucks on this forum so I figured some of y’all had another daily driver. I just bought a new Superduty and I’m really thinking about adding a commuter car to the driveway come the first of the year. I plan on keeping this truck a while and don’t want to wear it out, nor do I want to constantly be spending money on oil changes, tires etc that it takes to keep a 3/4 ton diesel running.

Right now I make the drive from Flower Mound to Euless 10 times a month, but within the next 12-18 months I’ll be making the move to Jacksboro full time and will be making that 80 mile drive. Is it worth it?if y’all had 5K to spend on one what would it be?

I want one. Wish I have saved the miles on my old Tahoe. It has been a good one.

BP

Comment

I really like Nissan Altimas. Used ones can be found for cheap.

Comment

Yes always had one- VW diesel Jetta and now a Prius. When buying one just look for a gas efficient car in good shape at a good price. I’d buy a little Honda, Toyota, etc. don’t care about color or any other extra- just find a vehicle that has been taken care of and gets over 30

Comment

Only drive my truck these days to pull the trailers, go hunting, buy feed/hay, and on Sunday afternoons. Otherwise I drive a 2010 Corolla, a real piece of crap. Took some serious getting used to after driving only a truck for 20+ years. Other than the obvious gas savings (35 vs 14) it will put an extra 10 years life on my truck.

Comment

Originally posted by Tex_Cattleman View Post
            Only drive my truck these days to pull the trailers, go hunting, buy feed/hay, and on Sunday afternoons. Otherwise I drive a 2010 Corolla, a real piece of crap. Took some serious getting used to after driving only a truck for 20+ years. Other than the obvious gas savings (35 vs 14) it will put an extra 10 years life on my truck.

Same here. Have a 2013 King Ranch Prius that I drive everywhere I don't have to pull something. Gets 50mpg everywhere I go. Compared to my Dodge Megacab that gets about 13.

As long as I don't get hit I should be okay.

Comment

Yes I have a Kia Sorento I drive pretty much 95% of the time then drive my tundra when I need it or just feel like I haven’t driven it in a while

Worth it for sure.

Comment

I drive a chevy equinox as my daily driver...4 cyl. 30mpg, nothing fancy but a good ride, and I can still haul a few things if I need to.
                Drive my truck only when I have to.

Comment

Pos 99 corolla with over 200,000 trouble free miles! I have a 2012 GMC 3500 that sits in the garage. I only use it to pull my horses, get feed, etc. Its well worth it to get one as expensive as trucks are these days.

Comment

Yes. I have a new superduty and wife has a escalade. I drive gor a daily commuter a 09 scion tc. I bought it new in 08 so ive had it 10 yrs now. Its more than paid for itself. The scions given me no problems and has been great. 180k miles and still rolling. Gona drive it till the wheels fall off and buy a used lexus is250 and do the same!

Comment

I have a corolla for getting around town. Great on gas and don’t have to worry about getting scratched or door dings. Also beats having to worry about truck getting broken into, in any parking lot. Saves miles on my trucks.

Comment

I drive a 2001 GMC single cab short bed Z71 as a daily driver 51 miles one way. I purchased this truck new for my oldest daughter as a graduation gift. 4X4 cause I new I would end up with it one day.

Comment

Drive a 2012 Volkswagen Passat as my commuter. Wish it was the Jetta so I could squeeze even more miles out.

Comment

Had a 150mi roundtrip commute for a few years. Bought a used Mini Cooper S. Fun car that was a blast to drive and got me 38mpg vs the 15-16 in my F250. Also gave the truck a much needed break and increased its longevity.

Comment

My truck is a 2008 crew cab dually. 4 years ago I bought a 2008 Hyundai Accent bottom of the barrel car. Got 30 miles to the gallon and had it for three years. Last year I got a new VW Jetta base model standard trans. It is great and I get 40 miles per gallon. If you just look at numbers I should only drive the truck. But the car is fun and easy to get around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X