leveling a truck

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

leveling a truck

I just bought a new to me, 2017 f250 and am wanting to level it. The truck shop near me said I need a 3" lift in the front. Anyone have any experience with leveling your truck? did it effect gas mileage, ride, ect..?

Have them install the "Shock er" kit. 3 up front, 2 in the rear

Comment

Originally posted by Traildust View Post
      Have them install the "Shock er" kit. 3 up front, 2 in the rear

Booyah!

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

My buddy leveled his. 4 x 4 f250. I believe he went 3 front 2 rear.

I did my f150 2 front 1 rear just to get some rake out and gain ground clearance up front. 2x 4.

.....and God Bless America.

Comment

Originally posted by TexanTiger View Post
          I just bought a new to me, 2017 f250 and am wanting to level it. The truck shop near me said I need a 3" lift in the front. Anyone have any experience with leveling your truck? did it effect gas mileage, ride, ect..?

Most people run 2.5 on their f250s. The 3s are generally run F350s due to the higher rear blocks from the factory. Not saying you can’t just what I’ve seen. I’m putting a 2.5 in the front and 2 in the back on mine.

That is the kit I’m running and chose to buy new shocks to go along with the kit but you don’t have to.

Sierracharlie out…

Comment

Just had a new-to-me '17 Titan leveled. 2" front, 1.5" rear. And put 33" duratracs on it. Made a WORLD of difference in the front chin clearance. It actually looks like a 4x4 now.

Mine has the ReadyLift also, but are mainly just spacers. The ride was no different until I put the duratracs on it. They're a bit harsher, and the steering doesn't feel as precise. Neither of which was noticeable for the couple days between getting the lift on it, and then the tires.

Taking it to Rocksprings this next weekend, will find out if it's up to ranch-level abuse.
            Last edited by Davoh; 11-26-2018, 06:21 PM.

Comment

I bought a 2.5" level kit for my 2014 Ram 3500, from Hell Bent Steel, and did it myself. No changes in mileage.

Comment

3/1 did it for my Tundra. Did see a slight hit on mpg between when I did that and got tires.

Comment

I plan on doing my Ram 2500 one day. Look into getting springs, avoid the metal brackets if you can. Springs don’t cost much more, same amount of work, or maybe less because you don’t have to drill holes. Improve your ride quality.

My .02

Comment

I have a 18 f250 lariat. I did a 2.5 ready level stage 2 kit on the front and a motofab 1in rear block on the rear. It sits pretty level and I think at the perfect height. Then I did a 2wd front valance. The 4wd one is twice the size of the 2wd looks way better.

Comment

a level kit is just adding to the front ..... you guys saying 3 in front and 2 in rear are talking lift kits.

OP are you just wanting to level it or bigger tires too? All you need is a level kit in front to clear bigger tires up to 35". I think 3" would give you that "Cali lean".

2017+ Super Duty - 2017/2018 F250 XLT leveled w/ 35's on 18" rims - I'm ordering the 2018 F250 XLT Chrome package truck. Truck has 18 rims on it. Does anyone have a 2017 or 2018 with leveling kit and 35 tires on the 18 rims? I have a tire shop here that has a set of 20 factory rims for $600 but no tires. Just want to...

Comment

You can clear 35’s stock. On ram and ford 3/4 tons you technically lose room with a leveling kit if you don’t get longer radius arms. Leveling kits are just for looks. Rally serve no practical purpose unless you go with springs to increase ride quality

Comment

I did a 2.5 ready lift on my 17 f-250. Get the track bar relocation bracket or your front axle will shift to the drivers side 2”. Leveled it almost exactly.

Comment

Do these make the high beams stay on?

Comment

You are supposed to adjust your headlights after install, and I guarantee you it rarely gets done

Comment

Working...
                              X