Grass Seed- Suggest One

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grass Seed- Suggest One

I am in Tarrant County and have some dirt that I am thinking about seeding for grass. This spot in the yard gets tons of sun and lots of water when it rains. I can till it before throwing seed. I'm leaning toward seed because I have more time than money.

What type of seed should I use? Or any other suggestions....

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    I am in Tarrant County and have some dirt that I am thinking about seeding for grass. This spot in the yard gets tons of sun and lots of water when it rains. I can till it before throwing seed. I'm leaning toward seed because I have more time than money.

I would get some type of Zoysia. Maybe Zenith Zoysia Grass Seed or something similar. Make sure you follow the follow germination instructions.
    Last edited by Das71198; 04-14-2021, 05:11 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by McPatrickClan View Post

Bermuda. Zoisa is great in shady areas, wont do great in an only rain area. Bermuda is very drought tolerant.

Comment

Originally posted by Calrob View Post
        Bermuda. Zoisa is great in shady areas, wont do great in an only rain area. Bermuda is very drought tolerant.
        Palisades Zoysia like full sun not shade, Emerald and Cavalier zoysia’s do better in shade. Palisades Zoysia is one of the most drought tolerant of the Zoysias.
        In fact, some studies have shown it to survive up to 15 weeks without water. Another crucial distinguishing point about Palisades Zoysia that it can be mowed to as low as ½ inch in height.

Palisades was released from Texas A&M and is fast becoming the choice for homeowners and architects who want non-traditional lawn choices.

Comment

Stick with something native, several good native mixes from Bamert Seed, Native American Seed, or Turner Seed.

Comment

Bermuda.

Comment

Sahara Bermuda is what I used and I like it.

Comment

Is this area going to have any traffic/animals or are you just covering up the dirt?

Comment

Originally posted by Pstraw View Post
                  Is this area going to have any traffic/animals or are you just covering up the dirt?
                  Pretty much just covering up the dirt.

Comment

Buffalo..We've got a patch of it in a cemetery I take care of.I love it.

Comment

Working...
                    X