Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire

Old 04-05-2021, 06:19 PM   #1
rtp
Pope & Young

Hunt In: open range
Default If COVID is as contagious as they say

there is about to be a huge outbreak in Arlington and the surrounding area. I watched the Rangers first game at Globe Life Field today and the announced attendance was 38K+ people sitting shoulder to shoulder. Base on what I could see from the tv shots about 80-90% of the people had no face covering on. It is going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks in that area. By all accounts there should be a major uptick in reported cases. I glad to see what I saw. I think people have had enough of it at this point. A lot of what we have been told for the past year is being put to the test right before our eyes in Arlington. Maybe I'll become a mask believer in a couple weeks.
rtp is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 06:22 PM   #2
Johnny44
Ten Point

Unless they sprayed it which is how it spread, you ain’t got it.

I’m only going by what Military doctors have told me.
Johnny44 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 06:28 PM   #3
RR 314
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny44 View Post
Unless they sprayed it which is how it spread, you ainít got it.

Iím only going by what Military doctors have told me.
Like a Covid crop duster?
RR 314 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 06:30 PM   #4
JES
Ten Point

Hunt In: Stonewall County

As you know, my job site had a major outbreak, no one was wearing masks and it spread like wildfire. But these guys almsot sit in each others lap in the smoking shelters, so who knows if it was lack of masks or sharing of cigarettes...but all levels of the organization got it, very top senior management to lowest room cleaner. Smokers and non-smokers. After watching that unfold, I believe the masks would have reduced the spread, well, keeping your distance from each other is probably more effective than the mask.

You know I don’t wear the mask most of the time, but I keep my distance from other people for the most part; I think that’s the most important.
JES is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 06:34 PM   #5
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by JES View Post
You know I donít wear the mask most of the time, but I keep my distance from other people for the most part; I think thatís the most important.
This I agree with. Keep your distance and wash those nasty *** hands! Like I said, this is going to be interesting to watch in the coming weeks.
Old 04-05-2021, 06:44 PM   #6
justletmein
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Public lands

Put 38k people in there it's gonna spread regardless of masks, **** things are just a false sense of security.
justletmein is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 06:47 PM   #7
Chad C
Pope & Young

Nah, all of the Bucees locations are over crowded on a daily basis.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 06:59 PM   #8
texan4ut
Ten Point

Hunt In: Where I can, Terrell County

King Fauci said todat there is a 1 in 10,000 chance you can get Covid by contact on a contaminated surface.
texan4ut is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 07:08 PM   #9
eradicator
Pope & Young

I mean baseball started last week. I doubt Arlington will be the only place there's an uptick if that's the case......smh
eradicator is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 07:10 PM   #10
Greenheadless
Ten Point

Hunt In: Liberty County

Who would watch the MLB, much less attend a game after the stunts they pulled?
Greenheadless is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 07:11 PM   #11
Chad C
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
I mean baseball started last week. I doubt Arlington will be the only place there's an uptick if that's the case......smh

The new Rangers mutation is impending,

Old 04-05-2021, 07:11 PM   #12
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
All of the other stadiums opened to limited capacity and from what I saw most people were very spaced out and wearing masks for the most part.....Arlington opened at 100% drawing the ire of the Commissioner.
Old 04-05-2021, 07:12 PM   #13
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenheadless View Post
Who would watch the MLB, much less attend a game after the stunts they pulled?
Apparently 38K+. I would imagine since it is a new stadium it has been sold out for the season. Even though they arent fielding a very competitive team this year
Old 04-05-2021, 07:34 PM   #14
Smoore12
Four Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtp View Post
This I agree with. Keep your distance and wash those nasty *** hands! Like I said, this is going to be interesting to watch in the coming weeks.
You agree with social distancing but you said in the OP you loved seeing people shoulder to shoulder...if your are still questioning the seriousness of Covid, where have you been? I would love to see the number of people vaccinated or having already had covid in that stadium, too.
Smoore12 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 07:42 PM   #15
Playa
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman

If it were as contagious as they say, it would have eviscerated both our homeless/tent city communities AND the migrant groups immigrating from our south.

It’s not. Stop listening to what they tell you and start believing what you see
Playa is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 07:46 PM   #16
JES
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Playa View Post
If it were as contagious as they say, it would have eviscerated both our homeless/tent city communities AND the migrant groups immigrating from our south.

Itís not. Stop listening to what they tell you and start believing what you see
Maybe meth kills COVID?
Old 04-05-2021, 07:47 PM   #17
JayB
Ten Point

Hunt In: Cass County

We just went through 4 straight weeks of a revival at our church. No mask. No social distancing. If these things were true, we would have seen outbreaks by week 3.

As far as we have been told that number climbed up to 0.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
JayB is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 07:59 PM   #18
Charles
Pope & Young

The whole Covid deal is a heap of bull you know what. The Government and Media sold fear and a bunch of people bought goods being sold.
Charles is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 08:08 PM   #19
2Lazy2P
Ten Point

Hunt In: NE Texas/SE Oklahoma

Quote:
Maybe meth kills COVID?
Meth- the get skinny and chew on your ear COVID killer..
2Lazy2P is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 08:14 PM   #20
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoore12 View Post
You agree with social distancing but you said in the OP you loved seeing people shoulder to shoulder...if your are still questioning the seriousness of Covid, where have you been? I would love to see the number of people vaccinated or having already had covid in that stadium, too.
You liberals "love" putting words in other people's mouths. Can you point to where I said I "loved seeing people should to shoulder in the OP?

Why would you want to know what the number of people at the stadium who have been vaccinated or have had COVID? I doubt I'll get an answer but hey I'll ask anyway.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:22 PM   #21
Artos
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Deep South TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayB View Post
We just went through 4 straight weeks of a revival at our church. No mask. No social distancing. If these things were true, we would have seen outbreaks by week 3.

As far as we have been told that number climbed up to 0.
See post 10...they will never give up on this. Be prepared.

https://discussions.texasbowhunter.c...d.php?t=805784

Get the jab but still need masks & can still catch & pass it.

Go to eat & covid only attacks when you stand up...sitting is fine, but not in schools.

Social distance in airports but sardines in the plane.

I could go on but I think we are at a place where the stupidity isn't going to be tolerated too much longer.
Attached Images

Artos is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 08:26 PM   #22
Reel Screamer
Ten Point

Hunt In: Webb County

Quote:
You liberals "love" putting words in other people's mouths. Can you point to where I said I "loved seeing people should to shoulder in the OP?

Why would you want to know what the number of people at the stadium who have been vaccinated or have had COVID? I doubt I'll get an answer but hey I'll ask anyway.

Iím as far from Liberal than you can imagine but gonna say you did say ď loved seeing people shoulder to shoulderĒ just in a different way. Go back and read your post OP. You said it made up in two separate sentences. Your pretty quick to jump on the first one that had a different opinion than you but Iím sure you were ready for that, most likely the reason for the post.
Reel Screamer is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 08:32 PM   #23
JES
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Screamer View Post
Iím as far from Liberal than you can imagine but gonna say you did say ď loved seeing people shoulder to shoulderĒ just in a different way. Go back and read your post OP. You said it made up in two separate sentences. Your pretty quick to jump on the first one that had a different opinion than you but Iím sure you were ready for that, most likely the reason for the post.
I think you are reading a bias into his words. I see it as he loves seeing our society getting back to normal, and back to a pre-COVID type lifestyle.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:35 PM   #24
rtp
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reel Screamer View Post
Nope didnt say what he specifically said I did. Im glad I saw what I did today because a packed stadium of unmasked people for 6 of the next 7 days is going to show how contagious COVID really is one way or the other. This is a real world experiment we can see unfold right before our eyes. We will know in 2-3 weeks. Dont read more into what I posted.

And I "jump on" him for making an untrue statement.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:36 PM   #25
glen
Pope & Young

Hunt In: anywhere

I goto alot of college baseball stadiums. Some are open and the folks at the concession stand wear a mask. Some colleges allow athlete tickets only inside and at the place they were all Maskholes. It is nice going to games in crowded stadiums and tailgating
glen is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 08:38 PM   #26
dc1986
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mexico

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artos View Post

Go to eat & covid only attacks when you stand up...sitting is fine, but not in schools.

I could go on but I think we are at a place where the stupidity isn't going to be tolerated too much longer.
They used it as an excuse to steal a Presidential election. They are now flooding this country with illegals who they are bussing to red states and will then give them, and the roughly 30 million other illegals currently here, amnesty and citizenship. They will never lose another election again.
dc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 08:47 PM   #27
Artos
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by dc1986 View Post
They used it as an excuse to steal a Presidential election. They are now flooding this country with illegals who they are bussing to red states and will then give them, and the roughly 30 million other illegals currently here, amnesty and citizenship. They will never lose another election again.
Do not forget the illegals are staged at the border in covid incubators before being released...if people don't understand the game by now, I question their intelligence / critical thinking skills. None of it is about public safety any longer. That nonsense has flown the coop & think the sheep are slowly realizing the game.
Old 04-05-2021, 08:49 PM   #28
MassMan
Ten Point

Hunt In: Fisher, Erath, LaSalle

Quote:

I think we're still doing this for at least another year or two. The stimulus polling won't allow it to end and the average American has proven to be not much above imbecile status. I have a neighbor couple who still never leave their house, ever, for anything, for over a year. Boxes pile up on their doorstep daily. 50s, active tennis players, IT professionals in good health. No surprise that they had a Biden yard sign last year. The progressives will kill off Biden with Covid if necessary to keep everyone in line.
MassMan is online now   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 08:59 PM   #29
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

If masks mattered, there wouldn't have been a huge spike of COVID (and flu diagnosed as COVID) over the winter. Masks don't matter. The virus is running its course, and herd immunity is pretty much in place now after all the infections and vaccinations.

Live your life. Wear a mask if it makes you feel better. Don't wear one if it makes you feel better. Quit worrying about whether everybody else has the same facial fashion sense as you. Live YOUR life. Please don't try to live mine for me. ('Cause I'm gonna live mine how I see fit anyway.)
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 09:14 PM   #30
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post
If masks mattered, there wouldn't have been a huge spike of COVID (and flu diagnosed as COVID) over the winter. Masks don't matter. The virus is running its course, and herd immunity is pretty much in place now after all the infections and vaccinations.

Live your life. Wear a mask if it makes you feel better. Don't wear one if it makes you feel better. Quit worrying about whether everybody else has the same facial fashion sense as you. Live YOUR life. Please don't try to live mine for me. ('Cause I'm gonna live mine how I see fit anyway.)
Amen Shane!

Iím concerned those 38k fans that showed up to the game today were FORCED to show up. 🙄
RascalArms is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 09:23 PM   #31
RINCON
Ten Point

Did the Rangers win?
RINCON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 09:24 PM   #32
Artos
Pope & Young

I hope you are wrong massman...they are gonna try but folks are starting to resist. Here's a little sample:

https://mobile.twitter.com/fudd50/st...08183336595457

https://mobile.twitter.com/fudd50/st...96785978134529

https://mobile.twitter.com/fudd50/st...30714680127491

https://mobile.twitter.com/OzraeliAv...16884549345285

I'm also seeing a lot of strong-arm maskhole samples across the globe, but really think as they try to push this new mutant variant & folks who got the jab cannot go back to any sort of normal?? Us folks who see it now are simply grinning how idiotic the narrative is becoming. My hope is the sheep will soon follow.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:35 PM   #33
MUZZYSLINGR
Ten Point

Hunt In: Home and wherever i can

Quote:
Maybe meth kills COVID?

Yup, good oleí vitamin M.

MUZZYSLINGR is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 09:42 PM   #34
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINCON View Post
Did the Rangers win?
Nope....not a trash can in the whole darn house.
Old 04-05-2021, 09:44 PM   #35
RINCON
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalArms View Post
Nope....not a trash can in the whole darn house.
Lol...dang it. Rangers need to get with the program.
RINCON is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 09:47 PM   #36
RascalArms
Pope & Young

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINCON View Post
Lol...dang it. Rangers need to get with the program.
With what they are putting out there right now they need a whole lot more than just trash cans trust me. 🙄
Old 04-05-2021, 11:32 PM   #37
Mudslinger
Pope & Young

To answer the OP's question, NO! We are being played and lied to!
Mudslinger is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-05-2021, 11:44 PM   #38
BeetleGuy
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Coleman, TX / Alread, AR

Oh man! Covid is real but man you cannot hide from it! I Hinkle it is great that stadium is full. If you are afraid stay home
BeetleGuy is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 06:55 AM   #39
Chad C
Pope & Young

Herd immunity was bound to be achieved sooner or later

Old 04-06-2021, 07:43 AM   #40
gingib
Pope & Young

Hunt In: NTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RascalArms View Post
With what they are putting out there right now they need a whole lot more than just trash cans trust me. 🙄
Glorified AAAA team
gingib is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 07:53 AM   #41
hunt247
Ten Point

Hunt In: Saint Jo

I would bet that most people that we at the game are not from Arlington. I would bet more than half that was there live more than an hour away.
hunt247 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 07:54 AM   #42
Hogmauler
Ten Point

Hunt In: Kerrville

We should find out shortly with the borders flung wide open
Hogmauler is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 08:14 AM   #43
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Quote:

Kinda like peeing in the swimming pool huh? No mater what if it's there it gonna get on ya. OR it ain't.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 08:16 AM   #44
muzzlebrake
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Sterling County

Opening the stadium to 100% might just be the only thing Daniels has ever done that made sense.
muzzlebrake is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 08:41 AM   #45
breederbuck33
Ten Point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane View Post

I'm going to save this post right here. Every time I see people debating on COVID, I'm just gonna copy and past it in there. If people just lived based off that second part of this post they'd be much happier. Don't worry about why someone does or doesn't have a mask on, just do you and go on about your day!
breederbuck33 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 09:04 AM   #46
SC-001
Six Point

Quote:
there is about to be a huge outbreak in Arlington and the surrounding area. I watched the Rangers first game at Globe Life Field today and the announced attendance was 38K+ people sitting shoulder to shoulder. Base on what I could see from the tv shots about 80-90% of the people had no face covering on. It is going to be interesting to see what happens over the next couple of weeks in that area. By all accounts there should be a major uptick in reported cases. I glad to see what I saw. I think people have had enough of it at this point. A lot of what we have been told for the past year is being put to the test right before our eyes in Arlington. Maybe I'll become a mask believer in a couple weeks.
Same deal with the football field at Baylor last night
SC-001 is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 10:30 AM   #47
czechgrubworm
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Oklahoma

Following for my own reasons here..
czechgrubworm is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 10:36 AM   #48
CaptainDave
Ten Point

Well, if the Rangers don't start winning, this seating capacity issue might not be a discussion point for much longer.
CaptainDave is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 10:38 AM   #49
Shane
Pope & Young

Hunt In: Mismatched camo

Quote:
Originally Posted by SC-001 View Post
Same deal with the football field at Baylor last night
ACU got all kinds of social media hate after the videos of mostly maskless students on the football field cheering for the Wildcats' win over UT a couple weeks ago. All the same mask nazi BS.... "super spreader event", "selfish", "killing grandma", etc...

ACU's medical clinic hasn't had a single positive COVID test in the last 10 days, and they were down to just a minor trickle before that game. It's pretty much over. Probably 70-80% of the students and large numbers of faculty and staff (my wife included) have already had COVID back in the fall/winter. A large percentage of them have had the jab too, whether they had COVID before or not (my wife included).

All the Karens who are still expecting the whole world to hide under a rock forever need to sit down and be quiet. They're free to exist under a rock for as long as they want, but the rest of the world is going to actually LIVE.
Shane is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top
Old 04-06-2021, 01:43 PM   #50
Briar Friar
Pope & Young

Old news...
https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-asia-india-54730290
Synopsis: India is such a crap hole...Indians are more resistant to COVID.
San Franciscans should have complete tolerance soon.

My wife and 2 small children had COVID in Colorado during winter break and holiday in 2019! Doctors at the Gunnison Valley Hospital ER said...”Its some virus going around and we dont know what it is. It just has to run its course.” DECEMBER 2019. That was a messy non-vacation vacation.

We know SARS 2.0 was international (Wuhan metroplex of 60 million bodies is not not international) at least by September 2019 when the chinese doctor blew the whistle on the internet and the ChiComm shut him up.

Whats the current rate of SARS 2.0 survivability? 96%ish
Trump said in the first COVID Whitehouse press meeting in Feb 2020...its like a bad flu outbreak...he was right. Im cool wearing a mask though I forget all the time.
Briar Friar is offline   Reply With Quote Back To The Top