club car 1550 XRT diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

club car 1550 XRT diesel

Morning folks, I have a chance to get one of these with only 110 hours on the 2007 Kubota diesel. Can't find much info on them though. Anyone have one? Likes/dislikes? Seems like a decent vehicle. Bench seats and lots of room. Good size bed which is important to me. Diesel is only a plus around the farm.

I'll probably pick it up anyway but just wondering.

I ended up buying this machine. It's a big SOB. Wouldn't fit on my 12' trailer. The Kubota diesel is nice. Rode for 11 hours after I got it and the fuel gauge showed 1/3rd a tank left. I figured the gauge was off so I decided I'd better fill it up rather than run out of diesel. I was only able to put 4 gallons of the 5 gallon can in the 6.5 gal tank. Kinda surprised me as my gas Gator would have used 12 gallons in 11 hours. Has a 4'x4' bed so handy at the farm and on trips.

It has some drawbacks. No speedometer and the hour gauge has about 1/16" unlit numbers. Ground clearance isn't much but that remains to be seen how bad that will be.

I was reading the manual and it states to use the electric dump bed first unload the cargo box, then operate the switch. Thanks, that's useful.
    Attached Files

Comment

Hope it works better for you than the club car we had. Thought the simple design would be beneficial but not the case. We had the single seater and gas engine. Drive shaft broke twice on it. Replaced throttle cable twice. Not impressed at all. If the 4wd gear box goes out on it you are screwed. Replacement gear box is $2k. We opted not to replace it.They were designed to run around on pavement at plants. We put it to work off road and didn't last very long. Good luck with yours

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
        Hope it works better for you than the club car we had. Thought the simple design would be beneficial but not the case. We had the single seater and gas engine. Drive shaft broke twice on it. Replaced throttle cable twice. Not impressed at all. If the 4wd gear box goes out on it you are screwed. Replacement gear box is $2k. We opted not to replace it.They were designed to run around on pavement at plants. We put it to work off road and didn't last very long. Good luck with yours
        Do you know of one of these type vehicle manufacturers with cheap parts?

Comment

I had one for 3 years on a job site great machine over 2500 hours on it no issues great on fuel it rode rough and wasn’t fast but it was a work horse I was surprised at how well the bed held up

Comment

My in laws have a 1140 Kubota, extremely noisy and low ground clearance as you mentioned, but it’s been reliable and just about the only issue has been a temp sensor for the electric fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Kossetx View Post
              Do you know of one of these type vehicle manufacturers with cheap parts?
              Unfortunately I do not. Parts were either ordered directly from golf cart company or club car. It may work fine for you. We used ours for work. One plus I didn't mention is that it has the largest bed of any type of utv I have ever seen. Can fit a lot of stuff back there

Comment

Originally posted by scott123456789 View Post
                My in laws have a 1140 Kubota, extremely noisy and low ground clearance as you mentioned, but it’s been reliable and just about the only issue has been a temp sensor for the electric fan.
                I bought a Kubota RTV when they first came out. Diesel mileage was great. Otherwise...........diesel mileage was great. Get stuck on a cow pie.

Comment

Originally posted by .243 WSSM View Post
                  Unfortunately I do not. Parts were either ordered directly from golf cart company or club car. It may work fine for you. We used ours for work. One plus I didn't mention is that it has the largest bed of any type of utv I have ever seen. Can fit a lot of stuff back there
                  What I was saying is they're all high on parts. Not just CC.

Comment

Working...
                  X