Another suppressor question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another suppressor question

I just purchased a grendel upper with a 12” barrel assuming my existing cans could suppress.
    Looking at the manufacturer’s websites, they suggest having a 14.5”/16” barrel for the Grendel.
    I have a Thunderbeast 30-p1, 30pss, and a Silencerco harvester 300.
    Anyone shoot a short barreled Grendel through any one of these?

No clue in the TBAC but be easy on that harvester. Fairly fragile comparatively speaking. Could probably get away with it on slower fire. I would NOT risk it on rapid fire.

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
      No clue in the TBAC but be easy on that harvester. Fairly fragile comparatively speaking. Could probably get away with it on slower fire. I would NOT risk it on rapid fire.
      Wanna put a thermal on the grendel for hog work. Can’t rule out rapid fire 😂

Comment

Originally posted by trophy8 View Post
        I wouldn’t run it all at even slow fire on a 12” Grendel.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
          I wouldn’t run it all at even slow fire on a 12” Grendel.
          I definitely won’t try my 30p-1’s or the harvester, but I’m considering the 30pss as it’s a $800 paperweight.

Comment

Generally speaking I’d run it, it’s not like it’s a 7mag or 300win mag. It’s not a crazy round. It may not be soft on the ears but it will help with sound and it won’t hurt your cans. 6.5 Grendel isn’t this crazy hot round.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I personally would never run a can with anything it's not rated for. Two reasons: your personal safety, and warranty. To me, it's just not worth it. I bought another can when I decided I wanted to put more pew in my pew pew.

Comment

I would run it on any of em. The Harvester is definitely fragile compared to the others, but like Quackhunter said, Grendel is a pussycat when it comes to pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by roughneck266 View Post
                  I would run it on any of em. The Harvester is definitely fragile compared to the others, but like Quackhunter said, Grendel is a pussycat when it comes to pressure.

Yeah Grendel is tiny compared to what those are rated for.

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                    Generally speaking I’d run it, it’s not like it’s a 7mag or 300win mag. It’s not a crazy round. It may not be soft on the ears but it will help with sound and it won’t hurt your cans. 6.5 Grendel isn’t this crazy hot round.

Those were my thoughts exactly until I started reading about pressure and heat from short barrels. How can a can be rated to 300 winny and not be able to handle a short barreled baby round?

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
                      I definitely won’t try my 30p-1’s or the harvester, but I’m considering the 30pss as it’s a $800 paperweight.
                      Sounds like they are all going to become paper weights, if the bill passes, and is expected to.
                      Last edited by critter69; 01-10-2021, 11:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by critter69 View Post
                        Sounds like they are all going to become paper weights, if the bill passes, and is expected to.
                        Info? Not finding anything about what you’re talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by bustacap View Post
                          Wanna put a thermal on the grendel for hog work. Can’t rule out rapid fire 😂
                          I just got a good thermal........

Comment

Originally posted by QuackHunter View Post
                            Yeah Grendel is tiny compared to what those are rated for.

They come apart regularly on rifles they’re rated for. It’s also rated for 300 WM at either 24-26”, which is a big difference. They won’t even rate it for 556 below 16”, which Grendel has considerably more volume. 12” and more volume will do wonders to an already very anemic can.

Comment

Now I’m not suggesting it ...... but my buddy runs his harvester on a 10.5” 7.62x39. It’s on a thermal set up and he’s burned through a mag on big groups of hogs. No issues with his yet

Comment

Working...
                              X