5.0L Coyote vs 3.5L Ecoboost

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5.0L Coyote vs 3.5L Ecoboost

I am torn between these two engines. I will be shopping later today for a new F150 and I have heard mixed reviews comparing the two. A Ford tech on here told me that he hardly ever works on the 5.0L but I like the torque specs on the 3.5L. Any experiences good or bad?

5.0L Coyote 395hp/400ft-lbs of Torque
    3.5L Ecoboost 375hp/470ft-lbs of Torque

Yea the eco boost are sick love mine

Comment

You will likely hear of more issues with the 3.5, but keep in mind there are many more 3.5s on the road than 5.0s. I’m happy with mine.

Comment

I went with the 5.0 because it is tried and true, very little long-term issues and I hold a vehicle for a long time. Also, in my mind less to go wrong with the 5.0

There is also a video from Tomball Ford where the interviewer goes out into the shop and asks the mechanics which motor - 99% said the 5.0

Comment

I gave 135k on 2015 ecoboost. I would buy again. I got it for tge torque because i tow a lot. It has done well.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Comment

I like naturally aspirated i fell the brighter the candle the faster it burns

Comment

I have not owned a 3.5 eco, but I am on my second 5.0. Current one has 151k miles with no motor issues other than normal maintenance.

Comment

Love my 3.5! Power when I need it and haven’t had a complaint or issues mechanically since I’ve owned it for the past 2 years these 10 speeds really bring it to life and compared to the 5.0 it would just be personal preference on what your decide on

Comment

I have the 5.0 and love it!! Never been in the shop. My BIL has the 3.5 ECO and pulls his tri-toon all over with it. I dont think you can go wrong with either. Fyi, I cut the muffler and resonator off, and installed the Outlaw. Neighbors just love me at 5:30am.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have no experience with half tons personally, but I’ve got a buddy with an Ecoboost and it’s bad to the bone!

Comment

I love my 2.7 eco. I also don't tow anything. Almost 10k miles and have 19 mpg lifetime on it. Last 1000 miles I average 22 mpg but there was a lot of hwy miles mixed in with it.

Sent from my Pixel 5 using Tapatalk

Comment

I bought a 2012 3.5 xlt new and put 104,000 miles on it before I sold it to by my dad's 2013 3.5 lariat. Great engines with no major problems. I've pulled travel trailers and a 22' Pathfinder no problem. I wouldn't go back to naturally aspirated v8, the 3.5 has been on the road now for 10 years. It's hardly new and untested.

Comment

I have a 2011 5.0 with 216,000 miles with zero issues. Still drives like new, but I will say the 3.5 eco is way more fun to drive. Turbos are great.

Comment

I had the 5.0, just traded it in at 218,000 miles. Never an issue. Loved it. My wife has the Ecoboost. She loves it, it definitely has pep. We also drag our RV around with it. No issues 118,000 miles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Here at work we run the 3.5 Ecoboost on a few trucks. I will never own a ecoboost. Constant problems with them here. Truck issued to me is going on its 4th timing chain. Always something going down on the ones in our fleet.

Comment

Working...
                              X